Xb2002 with side steering

flashpacket

Probationary User
I use to own a xb2002 with center steering and loved it. I had a son so the boat had to go. Now I'm wanting to buy another Allison. I don't like the looks of the xb2003 even though it would be a better choice. The question I have is how do the xb2002 boats handle with the sport console and side steering? I haven't seen many with that set-up, but I think they look better than the xb2003.

22R

I have a XB 2002 with the new style XB21 console. When I bought mine it had the sport console. To me it looked very similar to the XB2003. I found the issue was it was very tight with two seats side by side in the 02. I think the 03 may be a better choice for you but if you think the looks ( average people cannot tell difference between 02 or 03) is not for you then go with a 02. The sport console windshield is getting harder to replace from what I read. Best of luck either way.

22R

flashpacket

Probationary User
Yeah I'm more of a 80s to 90s mph speed kind of guy so I'm thinking side steering will be fine. I normally fish or ride solo,but if my son or wife comes along they don't like riding behind me. @ msethsmile2 yeah I like that you can switch between the two seat positions.

ChadD

Probationary User
I have a sport console in my 02 and would like a newer smaller console.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Center steering with the side slide. You won't be pushing it with a passenger and the reach towards the wheel in the center isn't a big deal. 14855