XB2003...moving batteris forward??

white03

Put a Pro XS 150 on the XB2003 and can tell the extra weight is there by the way it sits nose higher at rest and the amount of backwash that come over the deck.

Seen some posts before about people thinking of moving the trolling motor batteries forward....anybody actually done it?? Would like to talk with you please if so.

Bill

SmallJaw

Put a Pro XS 150 on the XB2003 and can tell the extra weight is there by the way it sits nose higher at rest and the amount of backwash that come over the deck.

Seen some posts before about people thinking of moving the trolling motor batteries forward....anybody actually done it?? Would like to talk with you please if so.

Bill
Hey Bill, I have not forgotten you on the prop loan. You still want to run them to see how she likes them? What is your initial reaction to the new moto setup? Handle ok? Speed? Hole shot?:smile

white03

would like to try the 28 sometime, to get a referance. Handles good, the extra weight doesn't effect that too much. Right now running a shade over 70 mph with a 26 Trophy plus. Believe I can get 75 out of her once the motor gets broke in good and I play with prop and setup.

Sure miss the speed, but love the gas mileage and oil consumption.

I'll give you a buzz on the prop sometime, or come on out and fish the Thursday night t-ment with us in a couple weeks and I can try it then. I had 16.11 last night, was a real blessing for just 4 hours fishing time!

whipper

i would think adding more weight to bow would make you need more trim making you slower. If I was going to add weight forward I wouldnt go so far forward as the bow with the battery. maybe add some floatation in the setback and move your battery forward 5 or 6 inches from stern if its all the way back. If theres a place in the bow for your fishing weights try moving them into a more forward compartment also before I moved the battery up there. That way your still portable as to your testing. The better balanced the less trim the faster ya go. More setback would help also disstributing the weight over a longer section also allowing more floatation. I gained over an inch of stern foat adding some cheep inflatable balls into the setback void. When a wave comes it also stays higher on the down. Pump them up tight and they arnt going anywere. A saw a guy with a ride plate and an exersice ball pumped up it there all the way down to the ride plate. That would be the ticket!! When you take off you dont digg as deep of hole also with those in there.

SmallJaw

would like to try the 28 sometime, to get a referance. Handles good, the extra weight doesn't effect that too much. Right now running a shade over 70 mph with a 26 Trophy plus. Believe I can get 75 out of her once the motor gets broke in good and I play with prop and setup.

Sure miss the speed, but love the gas mileage and oil consumption.

I'll give you a buzz on the prop sometime, or come on out and fish the Thursday night t-ment with us in a couple weeks and I can try it then. I had 16.11 last night, was a real blessing for just 4 hours fishing time!
Congrat's on the good weight from last night. I'll get hooked up with you and get that 28 to you. You will be very happy with that ride after you see just how much you will REALLY save. When repairs are factored in its a big number. May not be as fast or as big a thrill but it will be there ready to go when you are I bet.:cool

xb03fs

My favorite was a cranking battery in each wing and one in front of the tank with center steer....
With deep pockets lithium a would be the real deal

xb03fs

I really liked 12.5 all around but 13.5 was 2-3mph faster with any given load. Holeshot was noticeably better at 12.5 with less motor dunking

ally25

I run a 250XS on a 03, and went to 5 1/2 setback from 13 1/2. I also put a skid-plate under jack plate. I left batteries in same place, and the boat sits in water the same as it did with my old 2.5. With the skid-plate installed, the back deck stays dry with throttle released. No more trying to out run back wash. I would think coming in to 8" with a plate under jack would do wonders for you. I would also get the lower coned. The only weight I added to front, was 10lbs.of lead in front compartment. Check out the pics.

white03

Thanx Ally25 for the reply. I have a skid plate and have been wondering about moving th motor in some. My 150XS doesn't weigh as much as your 250XS but still weighs more than the 280 I took off. I think moving the motor in will be a good thing, will have to check up on that. Didn't see any pics??

ally25

I'm sorry, this site would not let me repost pics. You can find them in Questions about Allison boats, about 7 pages in under [saw xb2003 with 250xs] Hope this help solve your problem. So far I have not run my boat any faster than high 70s, but I like the way it sips gas compared to the 225 super mag that was on it.