XB2003 Rigging ?'s

Stace

Has anyone converted there XB03 rigging sleeves to the hose style? Been looking for bezels to mount on the boat side but don't know which ones would fit or look right. Would mercs basic kit fit or would a T&H kit be better. Thanks Stace

h2oskiier30

I started to, but then I realized that I'd have two hoses that couldn't be enclosed inside the hose on each side (hydraulic steering and trim lines). I just decided to use the mesh type rigging wrap over my cabling/hose that goes into the motor.

pickwickangler

I just used the ones that are on it and ran the hose through them. I will run out side and take a pic. I know what you are talkin bout though and that looks pretty sweet. I ran my hydraulic lines where the old steering cables were, you can take the protecter sleeve thingy and run it inside the hull and it will water prrof the hole and protect the hose.

pickwickangler

Here is the pics. Got the hose at lowes. Its shop vac hose, like $20 for a box of 6 or 8 feet.

Stace

Thanks guys keep the ideas comin'. Thanks for the pics. Pickwick! Stace

h2oskiier30

Andy's setup is a little more "hose friendly" since he has a 3 ram trim system with the trim motor mounted on the clamp...therefore he doesn't have those two extra hoses to deal with.

Andy...what's the big thing coming out the starboard steering hose grommet?

pickwickangler

Thats the protective sleeve that comes on most hydraulic systems, I just pushed it in the hole and walla, she is waterproof now instead having slack around the grommet.