XB2003 w/ Pro Max 225

CDUB

Hello, My name is Charles and I am brand new to the world of Allison boats.

I live in Texas and enjoy fishing, hunting and spending time in the great outdoors. My interest in owning an Allison happened about 3 years ago after I sat behind the wheel of my brothers XB02. I’ve driven many boats in my past with my Champion being the most comfortable and my Bullet being the most sporty, but neither compare to what it felt like to peddle the throttle behind the wheel of the Allison. I have recently purchased a 1999 XB2003 that’s powered by a stock 1999 Pro Max 225. The boat is set up to fish with a 24v troller, Lowrance Graphs and about 50 lbs of additional tackle. It’s not often I get the chance to burn some fuel and get seat time, but I take advantage of every opportunity that may arise. I’ve recently removed the troller and was hoping to get some input regarding set up options, below is where I’m at today.

1999 XB2003
1999 ProMax 225 w/20” Bass Mid
Sporty w/ 1.87:1 gears
15” Set Back
PTP is even with lip but I’m not sure how to measure the lip.

26 Pitch Trophy Plus : 6300rpm @ 84.2
30 Pitch Hoss Cut : 6500rpm @ 94.3 “Lazy out of the hole”
Currently waiting on my Hydromotive 27 Intimidator Quad IV O/T to arrive.

Attachments

22R

Congratulations and welcome to the Allison family. Nice lookin 03 very clean.

22R

CDUB

Thank you, 22R! If the weather permits, i'll be on the water this weekend clocking seat time. ;)

CDUB

Thank you Gentlemen, I really appreciate the feedback! :)

I was hoping that this forum was still alive given Facebook has so many Allison boat pages created. I received a call from Hydromotive Engineering today was told my prop is back to OG specs and should be at my door step on Monday. I've heard good things about that prop and i'm excited about giving it a go. Will share some details post trip.

Last edited:

Ally-Sun

I was hoping that this forum was still alive given Facebook has so many Allison boat pages created. I received a call from Hydromotive Engineering today was told my prop is back to OG specs and should be at my door step on Monday. I've heard good things about that prop and i'm excited about giving it a go. Will share some details post trip.
The QIV-X O/T is by far my favorite prop. I am sure you will enjoy it! Have fun and enjoy that new beautiful ride!

CDUB

Well thank you for the compliment, BigRWater! It's actually white and black.

GotMyAlly

Welcome. Xb03/225PM is still probably the most popular Allison on the water. You'll love that quad iv, too.

ROBERT CROSS

Thom & Todd are the best....spent time at the shop with our first GS. Todd took an afternoon 'splain'n & set'n up. You won't be disappointed.
Disclaimer....I love the OT's;)
Hydromotive
14 3/4" X 28 R QIV OT
14 3/4” X 26 R QIV OT
14 1/2” X 25R QIV X OT Round Ear