xb21 BasSport owers - what prop works well for skiing and

sonataquasi

tubing? I've been running a Trophy 25 but was wondering if anyone else is having success with other props or prop sizes.

Input would be appreciated!

justin

RedAllison

quasi, I am not exactly sure on your rig as I don't know anyone that has used one for skiing yet. Many of us with 03 ProSports use High Fives of low to mid 20" pitch. They move a load, I mean pull stumps! Pull steady, and even very slowly for teaching a beginner or pulling small children on tubes. LOL they accelerate like a raped ape for 100yds if you get happy with the gofast pedal as well. But they drink gas if you are gonna try and cruise with one.

Alot of guys also use mid 20"s Trophys as well. They get better mileage than a H5 and more speed. You certainly have the power and hull for skiing, maybe dropping too a 22" or 24" Trophy? Look around on Ebay or here and other sites, you usually can find used props for about half their new price.

Good luck,
RA

ps
You mentioned porpoising, are you burying your prop when pulling heavy loads or skiing? If not, make sure and drop the prop down low when doing so, will allow it to get a good bite and make the boat more stable.

sonataquasi

thanks - I have a XB21 BasSport with a 250XS 1:62

I'll try something in the low 20's

justin