XB21 Weight distribution questions?

twsykes

Hi Guys, So i have a 2012 XB21 Bassport and I wanted to start a thread to talk about how weight should be distributed in the XB21 boats according to some of you guys who know best. I could not find anything in the forums and thought the topic would be a good one for the owners.

My setup is a 250 ProXS w/a Sportmaster Gearcase with no transducer s on the skid plainer (sp?)
50 lb battery in left rear compartment
40 lbs of batteries in center area in front of the cooler (i use to have led acids at 112 lbs (24 volt system)
35lbs of tackle to the left of the batteries up front
20 lbs of rods in right front rod locker
48 lb XI5 troller
No propoles...

I guess the real question here is what should the weight distribution be optimally in an XB21? I would assume that there is some type of schematic that shows the "optimal weight per section setup" although I would think that each boat is a little different... Any ideas?

Is there a standard protocol that you guys use ie... if with a passenger do this... If just a driver only do this, Light load do this? Heavy do this? Tournament do this?

Thanks Guys!

JOEALLY

I don't run the big numbers like some of the guys here but my boat is set up similar to yours. I have a 2010 XB21 2 seater /250 XS SM.

Group 27 crank battery in the very rear of the port rear box & a small tool box, on board charger, passenger tackle area.
2 group 27 old style trolling batteries (for now) in the center front compartment in front of the cooler, 2 trays full of junk, throw cushion, net & 2 boat bumpers all in center console.
6 plano 3700s, large spinnerbait box & 3 soft sided bags in the port rod locker.
11 rods/reels in the starboard rod locker.
4 life jackets, 2 rain suits and a spare prop in the starboard rear box.
No power poles
24V MG trolling motor (for now, 36V ulterra on the way)

My boat feels pretty balanced at speed.

xb03fs

Looks like you need 50/75 lbs of lead to run solo, should be ok with a passenger.

xb03fs

Interesting enough. Mine seems to prefer weight more forward. Start left of passenger seat and adjust forward aft based on what it’s telling you.

Moving 50 lbs from rear left to in front of passenger seat left with an empty nose was worth 2ish mph