xbo2 setback

John S

Im buying a new jackplate soon, and was wondering if anyone has run 8" setback. Right now Im at 10. I seem to run a little bow high right now and my holeshot has been a little slow (with three different props) .Maybe that would help. Also, if I didnt like it, does anyone make a 2" spacer to bring it back out to 10"? I think Ill be getting the rapid jack magnum.
Any input appreciated-John

GPI Racing

Hey John,

I'm sitting on the title application for the XB (the duplicate one). Figure you need it to keep the cops off your back! I might have someone heading to the cities on Tues.

Randy

J

John Richied

John… There are a few places that sell 2” spacers. You can even buy them wedged so you get more tuck when your engine is trimmed full in.

Years ago I bought a set of 2” spacers from Bob’s Machine Shop and added them to a 6” plate. I didn’t like having a weaker link running the additional spacers between the jackplate and clamp bracket. If you do run with additional spacers or wedges check the mounting bolts often and double nut them.

I am currently running the three stage manual Allison jackplate with it moved all the way in at 10” and think it’s great on the XB-02’s.

With 10” of setback your XB-2002 should have one hell of a holeshot, especially being it’s a very light XB-02.

Do you have anything limiting the trimmed in (tuck) like a bolt through the clamp bracket?

John S

Yeah I got the bolt, but its in the farthest in position, so that shouldnt be the problem. I borrowed a 23 pitch tempest to see if that would give me a good holeshot, and even that threw the nose up on holeshot. I think that part of my problem is that the lip is sanded on my pad. Before I owned this rig, there were some serious ponies behind it, and from what I read, you guys with the big powa dont need the lip. Im only runnin a little guy 200xs. Todd Bucknell is working with me right now on finding the right wheel, but I just thaught I would see if maybe movin in might help. If I know that they make a spacer, I think Im gonna try it. Thanks for the reply JohnR.

John

Ps Randy that would be great if you can get that for me cause Im goin to lake vermillion this weekend, and it would be hard to tell the sherrif that its my boat with MI REG #S and the title is listed in avon, MN... Maybe I could get away while theyre rollin on the floor laughin!

J

John Richied

Remove the trim stop bolt and try it again… you should have one hell of a holeshot even with a piece of crap 23 Tempest.

John S

Dont you need that bolt to keep the mota from running into the trim rams, it looks like it. :shock: I just used the tempest because it was the only thing around with a small pitch. Hell, Barefoot bob's got his in the 2nd hole. Ill have to do some investigating, thanks again-John

ally2dextreme

the record set with the 200xs was at 12.5 i would buy 10 12 plate not a rapid get allison plate much stronger

brotherxb03

What motor do you have? I have a 95 model 2.5 carb mota with blue printed exaust,stacks,milled promax heads boisen reeds with 14" setback on a xb03 and the hole shot is killer no matter whate wheel I run even a stock 28 chopper.

John S

Brotha xb03, when I first found this site, I never believed how all these extremes would work, but I now am a believer that every rig is its own experiment.I just got some work to do. I got a 200xs. I just got my 28p t4x, so maybe this is the cure. I was just throwin out the question. If I know I can go back out to 10, I think Im gonna try it. Like Randy says, "think out of the box". Any other input is appreciated-John

varmint2002

I have a total of 8 inches of setback with spacer and jack plate. Boat has plenty of lift easy to overtrim and kite the boat which doesn't increase speed. I have checked propshaft angle after running top end by pulling the boat out of the water to check setup. Prop shaft is straight/level with with the bottom or neutral to the bottom of the boat. Need to play around a bit see what is best for your's. But from my experience I would recommend 8 inches.

Gary.

2002 comp pro with 280SS

J

John Richied

John, Remove the trim stop bolt and try it again… it’s limiting your full in trim or tuck.

There is no need to think outside the box on this one. Try it, what have you got to lose.

NormALLY

John S I'm runnin an XB02T 200/XS 30 ET prop Ally Foil 3 batteries with a 10 Ally setback and by myself it takes 4450 rpm to get on plane. I don't feel like my setup is slow gettin on plane. As for bow lift I feel like I have plenty but you add a person(my buddy weighs 210lbs) or put a fishy in the livewell my bow lift is cut considerably and it takes a lot more rpm to come out of the hole. I'm the Newby here but I think this makes sense. :roll: Would a foil help in this case?

John S

I am thinkin of getting my welding helmet out of the fridge ( its gotten more use as an ice bucket for holdin my beers as of late), and building some creation, thanks for the response. :D What speeds/rpm are you getting with that setup, Normally?

NormALLY

John S....Sorry I've been out workin....I have not gotten top speed yet but I did get 93 mph @ 6200. That's only with gages so I think + or - 1mph. I know I can get more with seat time. I'm gonna get a gps so my friends(you guys) don't call me a liar. Plus I'm the Newbly(New Allison Owner) here and I got about 320 more days til I become a certified Allison propellerhead. LOL