Xr 2 ????

LAAllison

There's an XR on Scream & Fly that looks pretty good. It's an 88. Does that year have a honeycomb transom? Anyone know that boat? It looks like it was registered in Tenn.
Thanks

Art

Roll Tide

patches

the boat used to belong to a guy named tim planicka from tenn. if you look under xr2002 on the home page there used to be a few pics of it under his name. the transom in these boats is a pretty conventional wood transom. don't know that particular boat but the hull is a lot of fun

XSive

Make sure you check the "boxes" under the fuel tank to make sure they are solid, the sides are the stringers. I did when I bought mine, and of course checking them when they are frozen solid is kinda useless as I learned the hard way. See the excellent pics below. Rotten wood saturated with water seems like good wood when frozen!!

Remember you are buying a 20 year old boat so there ain't no warranty and you bought it you got it!! I know nothing about this boat nor am I implying anything about it. Just trying to give you a heads up in buying a wooden XR so you can learn from my "oversight" that resulted in me spending about 150 hours fixing it up.

Attachments

LAAllison

Thanks X
Been there. Just finished rebuilding a Checkmate that I thought was sound. Said I'd never buy a wood transom boat again but this one may pull me in.

Art

Roll Tide