XR 2001 Setup

Ranger976

Well I just picked up a XR2001 a couple of mo's back and looking to getting in to the rope racing scene this year...any starting points on driving and setup...will be running a Mod 260 w/15" mid, Allison cut CLE, 1.87 gears, w/24Pitch Yamaha drag, Blueprinted Hull.....in talking with Darris at Allison he was saying that it should be run at 1/4" above the pad to get this rig to run on a string ....anyone have any thoughts....Thanks Jim

Fl Boy in ILL

Jim

Where do you plan on running? Sounds like the set up is pretty close but does that CLE have a different cone on it? If not it may not be the best case. I bracket/rope race in KDBA and SLDBA as does Sam Baker here on this site he is Mr Scary. If you need any help we will be more than happy to help.

Rick Conklin

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Jim what year XR2001 is it?

I rope race my 1996 model in IHBA and also might be able to share some experience.

Lou

Rusrog

Well I just picked up a XR2001 a couple of mo's back and looking to getting in to the rope racing scene this year...any starting points on driving and setup...will be running a Mod 260 w/15" mid, Allison cut CLE, 1.87 gears, w/24Pitch Yamaha drag, Blueprinted Hull.....in talking with Darris at Allison he was saying that it should be run at 1/4" above the pad to get this rig to run on a string ....anyone have any thoughts....Thanks Jim
Was this a Texas boat? white & red maybe? If so I would not touch the bottom. It was as close to perfect as one could get. I'm not a fan of the CLE but a good Titus Grisham 200 Mercury case with those internals would be a fine match.

Ranger976

Well, guy's I can't tell you how much I appreciate the offers....The rig is a 2001 XR2001....and yes it was bought in Texas from Tray Archer previously Key Puckett's old rig....the CLE is a titus 3 hole w/1.87 gears Allison cut, thinned skeg and torque tab....powered by a modded 260 by Jay...Allison 7" jackplate...I've been tryin' to aquire a 200 case but haven't had much luck...just missed one on SnF by ericw....still lookin'.... any and all advice towards setup is soooo welcome....Thanks Jim

Ranger976

I meant to ask also.... any particular 200 case...? Which would be the best that I can drop the internals out of the CLE into if the CLE doesn't work....I've always known the 200 case is the way to go....I just had this CLE and thought I'd give it first try....Thanks Jim

Ranger976

Any of you think this CLE is going to run decent with a Titus Cone/mod...? I'm looking for another.....most likely a 200 lower.... going to see which one is going to run the fastest...

allisonriverrat

if u need a 200 case call jerry at jcs props. he has 200 cases ready to be built upon order the last time i talked to him. he just built me one. and he has a great reputation. 1 256 757 5718.