XR 2001 Sportracer

Jon

Supporting Member
It is an XR01 with carpet and upholstery. Think river racer/Cadillac. All were made in 1990 as far as I know.

nort

My 1990 XR01 Mod VP was turned into a SportRacer.
When I bought it from Tim Hunter it had carpet, tandem seating, full interior liner, hydraulic steering and a linear actuator for the rear fairing.
Totally pimped out.
It's for sale.....and I've still got all the pimp gear!
/;-)

Jon

Supporting Member
Nort, have you posted pictures before? It seems familiar that you have.

nort

'tis Michael, that's the one.
I'm not sure if I have any close up interior pics with all the pimp gear.
I'll see what I've got.
If one of you computer / techno guys wants to do some digging, I'm pretty sure Tim had it advertised on both S&F and Alli owners when I bought it from him. It's Tony Clarks old boat.
TBuck knows it well.

allisonriverrat

This ride.was.pimped by me... If I understand there was only 4 sport racers built... The side curtins nort has was out of an original sport racer a friend of mine owned that burned in a.shop fire. I had the aluminum plate installed for second seat at factory plus rub rail re sealed and carpet installed and new style front hatch installed plus new rear 2/seat fairing made. The side curtains are nice but carpet in a drag sucks...

Jon

Supporting Member
But this isn't a drag, it's a river racer with upholstery - which can be removed. I may be acquiring one soon.

Dave Hensley

Phillip Bond had one at one time. If I remember correctly the wood bracing that comprises the cockpit was not gelcoated and splatter painted but left raw and clear coated. It was a different looking rig. Purpose built, impractical, lake boats.......but fun as hell to drive.

K.Kiser

I had a three-gel color 557lbs xr01 with factory floor carpet.. The plywood cockpit walls were paint only, no interior gel.. Not sure if that's of the sane pedigree as what y'all are referring.. It was a 1995 model I think, white/ petty blue/ navy blue

allisonriverrat

jon there is no difference between a drag and a river racer but weight in the top deck... there was only four sport racers built at factory.. that i was told.. glenns brother has one.... one burned in a fire... where other two are??? they had carpet, aluminum plate in floor for second seat, and snap in side curtains.....this is the mod vp fore sale from canada.. the curtains are factory form the one that burned.. i had carpet installed ..

Last edited:

Jon

Supporting Member
Thanks for the pictures. That is a sharp boat.

So from a drag to a rr, the hull isn't reinforced any? I've always been lead to believe that it was for waves.

Dave Hensley

Jon all Drags are not built the same and all RR's are not built the same. Not even close. My understanding was that whatever was going into the boats that particular year and lay-up schedule the RR got an extra ply in the deck to withstand crawling over it.

Jon

Supporting Member
Jon all Drags are not built the same and all RR's are not built the same. Not even close. My understanding was that whatever was going into the boats that particular year and lay-up schedule the RR got an extra ply in the deck to withstand crawling over it.
Thanks Dave. Good info.