XTB-21 Aerodynamics??

DaveW

Hi all :)

Here in Australia there's very few fast fishing boats - luckily I'm about to change that with my XTB-21 due here by the end of Feb 8)

I was talking to the owner of the only really fast boat over here, and he tells me he doesn't like taking it over 60mph as he gets blasted with too much wind :shock:

So, can anyone fill me in on just how much wind the driver AND passenger get hit with in the XTB at 60+??

Thanks,

Dave

jimmyb

driver protection on the XTB is fairly good, better than most mainstream bass boats.

passenger protection is poor... however the good thing is the passenger can turn his seat around and face backwards. My tournament partner did this all the time, especiall when it was cold or rainy

BigRedAlli

Hey Dave,

I was talking to the owner of the only really fast boat over here
Looks like their's going to be a new King on the water... :lol:
I actualy got to ride in your new A-Bote,and it is a Verry Sweet Ride!!!!
Like jimmyb said,passenger protection sucks,but drivers side good.
Congrat's on the new boat... 8) The wait must be kill'in you...You going to be camping out at the docks the end of Feb????
Marty...

M-Wiggy

1989 XTB 21- 87 modified 2.4 L .......read 96 on a Medallian speedo, so I predict that to be around 88 or 89.

M.

Blue Gray in PA

My 1989 XTB with a 150HP Mariner Mag 3 has hit 70 MPH at 5500 RPM. With a different prop, some higher RPM's and more seat time, I think 75 may be do-able in mine.

froggy

Dave Bostic's son, Tim, set an APBA bass boat record with the XTB-21 in 1987 of 109+ MPH for the Kilo. He was running a 2.4 liter engine that did not have low water pickups (that was a class rule with the Mod VP engine at the time). The new 2.5's should be good for about 10 more MPH, so you'll have a very nice ride when you get it set up.

Biggest challenge, in the XTB-21 is balancing the hull when running solo.

froggy

fishmesser

Dave like everyone has said you will be King that is a good looking boat you are getting. I know you can 't wait because it is summer in the land down under.

DaveW

Thanks for the kind words and advice all :)

It's now got a Merc 200 Xri (thanks Paul Nichols) on it with a CLE case and butterfly cut prop - I'll be happy with anything over 70 :D

I can honestly say it'll start to make a few guys over here think seriously about their next boat purchase.......... as an example an 18 foot Skeeter with a 150 and all the bells and whistles is the other side of 50KAUD :shock:

Can't wait to get it - first tourney is early March, I hope it makes it 8)

pacman809

XTB-21

Dave-
Just for some more reference. My '87 XTB-21, stock 200EFI, 26" Trophy tops out at 82.6mph on the Livorsi GPS Speedo. 75 lbs of shot on the passenger side, one battery.

pacman

allison xtb

xtb speed

Dave
Glad to here you got it comming.I have an xtb with 245 running low 90 to mid 90's not for sure but i just installed GPS and will know soon.I tried to run it this weekend but got a brain freeze.I have 2 batteries on the passenger side and most tackle, this makes it pretty well balenced since I am a light 170#.
Congrats
Gary

DaveW

I've had a few shipping issues, but it is finally on the water headed here :D

Fingers and toes crossed I'll have it early April - a lot later than expected but you can't rush a good thing :lol:

I promise to post up the first fish I catch on her :D