XTB -21 PROP?

John S

I've got a XTB 21 and a opti 200XS, and wondering what a good prop would be for fishing and what would be a good topend prop. I also need to unload a 28 spinelli and a 26 hydromotive 4 blade. Where's a good spot to get rid of them.(my new propshaft is adifferent size) :twisted:

allisonpilot

XTB21 Prop

I had a 200 Super Mag Mariner on my XTB21 until upgrading to a 225 Pro Max. Both engines performed great with a 25" Tempest. The 25 Tempest will carry a load and have great hole shot plus good top end. The prop that performed the best top end for me is a stock 28" Chopper II.

J

John Richied

Can't Todd just re hub the 26 hydromotive 4 blade... that should be a good fishin prop.

John S

There were two prop shops that I talked to locally (MN), both said the new shaft was too big for the props. Is this BS, and if so, where can I go to rehub? Both props worked awesome for their purposes on my 225 promax, but the dealer I got my xs from said the spinelli might be too steep. time is critical, because I've been waiting all summer for this motor(long story), just found out about this problem thurs, and the boats gonna be ready this week. I'm going to be on the water this week if I have to make a prop from beer cans. I saw an ad at Jacos for blem trophys(pitting). Is this a performance issue because of the rough surface, or a premature failure problem? All of your help is very appreciated.

John S

I hate to be a pain, but do you have that number by chance? I'm kind of a rookie with this stuff, and can use all the help I can get. Put it this way, I've spent more time skipping water on my arctic cat than my allison! :?

John S

Thanks much. It amazes me that the dealers don't know this stuff. Again, this info is much appreciated. Guess if you want to learn about this you gotta talk to gearheads, not lugnuts. :D

TBuck2003

Re -hub

John S,
Call me if you want to re-hub your wheel.Quick and painless.I can do both if you wish.Much cheaper and you have two more wheels.

Todd Hydromotive Eng.
330-425-3629

John S

Todd, I'll call you tues. morning for details. It doesn't solve the immediate problem (MOUNTED AND ALMOST DONE BEING RIGGED), but I'm two fistin highlifes as we speak(26p millerET, won't run straight,but it's blurry fast- see above)! I'm so desparate to get out, I found a dealer with an alum. fatshaft that I might buy for the week just to get some run time, and when I get my hydro back, use it as a limp back prop( If I buy It, hopefully I'll never need to use it- like flares). :lol: Thanks again to everyone, and keep all and any info coming. I hope you all are getting a good laugh out of my desparation. My fiance has been laughing at me all summer, watching me in the garage, sitting in my 0HP ally, watching MONSTER GARAGE(My buddies sit in back, and I run the remote up front)!!

fishmesser

John all of us have been there and done that at one time or another we know the filling. The first year I had my allison my fishing partner and I busted 3 lower units 2 were on the same day. The next year we poped 5 power heads so we now the filling to well. Good luck .

Tim

jimmyb

i ran an xtb with a 200XS for about 2 years...

props
26 and 27 trophy,good all around prop.

26 ET best perfoming prop, too chicken to run it during a tournament though

John S

Too bad you cant protect a prop by wrappin it! (I think thats where you were going with that, BrotherXB) I've got some more questions for you guys, but I think I'll move them to the props section. (I got ADD, so I saw the ally ?'s and just couldn't wait :oops: Thanks again for all the help you guys have given.

J

John Richied

John S said:
JimmyB Why too chicken? Things that go bump, bump, bump?
Same reason Jimmy won’t line up with a little 225 ProMax…LOL chicken is CHICKEN... LOL :wink:

John S

WOW, that sounds like an invitation to MR JIMMY B. Just remember, Mr. T taunted ROCKY,and we know how that ended. But a nice shot across the bow, anyway.