XTB Rod storage

Ocktane

Any of you other XTB owners ever do any cutting or modifications to the floor locker to to provide more rod storage? Two piece rods can fit easily but one piece, well forget it. Just thinking of how I could easily store more rods for tournaments and whatnot, that side locker can fill up quick if you throw a couple spinning rods in there. The idea of doing any cutting on that front wall in the locker turns my stomach a lil but I just figured I'd ask and see. Thanks!

woodsman

I also have 90' XTB, and I must agree. The rod locker doesn't store the greatest amount of rods for tourneys. If you figure something out please let me know.

jimmyb

i cut notches in the floor compartment to allow longer rods to be stored in there. However, the floor compartment often gets wet and it is NOT a very nice place to store a good rod in! It is best used for water skiis and other stuff that can get wet

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
One option, not the best, but that boat had a couple of the velcro wraps screwed to the front deck way back when. Looks like they would hold a few rods to the deck.