XTB21 badges

motobuffy

Well, its about time to start the makeover on the old XTB. All the badges have lost their highlighted color(s) and are all black. Going to get out my artists brushes and give them the contrast to show the script. Would love to see some up close and personal pics of the various badges in good shape. Assuming the highlights are white (?) are they a bright white, off white, or flat white? Also, if anyone has customized (color matched) their badges, I would love to see what you have come up with. Thanks.

J

John Richied

I agree with Jimmy for sure… I removed my badges and the boat looks cleaners and its two less things to wax around.

Incase you didn’t know you can pull the plastic badges right off… there held on with a two sided tape.

John S

When I took the badges off my 91 xtb-21, there was a noticeable contrast between the faded part around the badge. I went to a shop in my area that did vynil (Im not a good speller) graphics, and was very impressed with what they did. I didnt do it though, because I bought a new rig, so I had something else to throw $$ at. If you buy my xtb though, Ill put new graphics on it for free!! :lol: I think mine were silver before they faded, but Im not sure. I guess Im no help, sorry.

John S

jimmyb

a little bit of buffing compound and a buffer, and difference between the faded area and not faded area is history!

motobuffy

Thanks for the opinions about no badges. One thing for sure, if I take them off, I'll be able to compare with and without. Speaking of without, I'm sure several of you have had your Allison decals removed and replaced. What was the opinion of a totally naked Allison? Also, has anyone tried to accent the Allison logo molded in the console cover?

J

John Richied

When I removed the XB-2002 badges off mine I also removed the dome style Allison stickers, some delaminate and start to come off anyway. Looks cleaner and I like it better… Now in a picture it doesn’t have as much bling, but in person it looks cleaner/better.

Here is a picture of Larry’s Super Sport…. The day he bought it he removed the entire pin striping, stickers, logos, and all…

Larry's bad azz boat!

John S

Hey JimmyB, I did try a light rubbing compound and buffed it out, but still there was a fade around it. So what exactly did you do? If I could get rid of that it would be great.

Thanks-John S

And you need the allison sticker at least so people know whats passing them.....just out of courtesy :twisted:

jimmyb

i used the heavy duty rubbing compound... :)

I personally like the new raised letter allison logo decals, i replaced them on my XTB-21 and they turned out great.

Another option is that allison sells a raised decal that looks just like the allison logo badge (it is about 12" long). I think the logo decal looks better than the badge...

finally, for those running a XB2003, just so you know that ther is a small notch on the wing of the hull, where the badge goes, so if you remove the badge, there is a small divot there, it wont be completely "clean"