Xtb21 set up?

xtb21ally

I have a 92 xtb with mod. 2.4 200 bobs big foot nose cone and 10 inch set back. I need some advice on set up. I have always had skeeters so I am a newby to the performance boats. I bought the boat last summer with a 150 hp w/ stock LU. I had it running in the high 60s to low 70s with a fishing load. I lost a cyl. On the 150 and replaced it with the 200. The 200 has had some mods so I am not sure of the actual hp. First trip out the motor was level to 1/2" below pad. Same load as last year with a laserII 26p prop. It rockets out of the hull but hits 6000 quick at about 60 mph and plenty of throttle left. Need some help. Any advice is appreciated.

ally2dextreme

Welcome,the allison is alot more precise than the traditional boat,even to a 1/2 is a huge difference with an allison,it can get you wet quick.Do you have anyone that can help you set up the boat?

xtb21ally

I should have been more clear on that I started out at even and have been dropping it one notch at a time, as I made test runs. I now have it 1" below the pad and I am done waisting my time with the prop I have. I spoke with Tim at hoss props. I am going to take it over to him and see what set up and prop works best with the load I will have on the boat.

chester8420

I just bought mine, and I have a 200 also. I got the boat to 70 mph with the first test run and the jackplate all the way down. I haven't checked speed since with gps but it wraps the tach to ~7,000 with just me in it since I raised the motor to about 1" below the pad. I figured I'd leave it like it is until I get a better prop. Little changes do a lot for the way the boat handles. It handles a little better with the motor up a bit. It gets "loose" if I raise it to even with the pad. But I only have a few high speed runs under my belt.