Xtb21 ,xb2002 or xb2003?

Rled

Hi all. I'm trying to decide between the xtb21,xb2002 or an xb2003. I'm mainly going to fish out of it but occasionally take the wife for a cruise. I would be interested in you guys thoughts on those boats , including but not limited to
fishability, rod and tackle storage, and just overall room to move around,while aboard.
I'm a newbie with Allison boats. I've been reading and studying everything that I can find, but mostly what I'm finding is about going fast, really fast. All information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rick Propst

i would say out of those three the Xb2003 if you are looking for something that does alittle bit of everything, it has a pretty good fishing platform just takes alittle getting used to walking around console to get on front deck, but that console has the best wind protection of any boat out i think ,and its got plenty of storage, rod locker can be a pain if you take alot of rods,,, i have never been in the other two just from what i have been told the 02 is less stable while fishing so if you or your fishing partner moves quick the boat will tip,, and the back deck does not have alot of room, the inside of the 02 has more front to back room in the cockpit area but the 03 is wider and can hold up to 5 people, the 02 are normally center steer but you can find a side steer or make the center steer side steer,,,02 is faster,, dont know anything on the xtb21

Last edited:

Rled

i would say out of those three the Xb2003 if you are looking for something that does alittle bit of everything, it has a pretty good fishing platform just takes alittle getting used to walking around console to get on front deck, but that console has the best wind protection of any boat out i think ,and its got plenty of storage, rod locker can be a pain if you take alot of rods,,, i have never been in the other two just from what i have been told the 02 is less stable while fishing so if you or your fishing partner moves quick the boat will tip,, and the back deck does not have alot of room, the inside of the 02 has more front to back room in the cockpit area but the 03 is wider and can hold up to 5 people, the 02 are normally center steer but you can find a side steer or make the center steer side steer,,,02 is faster,, dont know anything on the xtb21
Thanks for the reply. I think I've narrowed it down to the xtb or the 03. My fishing partner is a biggg guy so stability is a plus.

stuart gary

you may want the xtb with your partner. the xb2003 seating is on the floor. getting up and down can be a task especially with bad knees.

Ronnie

Some place on here there is a overhead picture of a 89 xtb like mine with all the lids open. i think later on the floor storage,front livewell and the storage in front of front livewell was nla