xtb21-xb2002

mtolley

do these two boats share rear deck componets, or do thet just look similar? i ask because finding a larger fuel tank for my xtb seems difficult. everyone that sent me model #'s(thank you very much!) im coming up empty on. but if the hatches and holes on both these boats are the same size i can call bill and get one since the xb2oo2 is still in production. thanks guys! mt

FFWD

Hey Tolley,
Give me the measurements of what will fit and I will measure some of my new boats and see if any would work. I also have a cataloge with a very large selection of tanks. Maybe I can find something that will work. What gallon capacity are you wanting?
Brian

mtolley

thanks for the responses guys. talked to bill yesterday and was informed that the xb02 tank will fit right in my boat. bad part is to buy it from him is another 250 bucks!, but if i want alittle more capacity i aint got much choice. bill says that the tank is made to allisons dimensons and aint available in a catalog. mt

Blue Gray in PA

How many gallons will the one Bill is talking about hold? Mine in the XTB is listed as a 24 gallon unit but if a bigger one is available, I'll keep it in mind for the future.

whipper

I cant remember who it was but this topic came up about 6 months ago and there was one in the Overtons catalog I believe that fits? Go to Overtons online and check out the sizes. P.S. whats up Brian. James

KenS

Probationary User
Just curious but what year do you have? I have a 93 XTB-21 and I have a 30 gal tank in it. I have wished a couple of times that I had a larger one. I am glad that I don't have a 24 or I would have to get something bigger. I will try to look at my tank and see if it has a part # or any info on it.

allisonpilot

I have a specification sheet on the XTB-21 that is dated 1992. It reads new equipment for 92. Extended transom makes longer centerline length, larger fuel tank and new style fill cap, larger rear livewell, sport two-tone hull & deck, and floor locker optional.

Blue Gray in PA

Mine is a 1989 XTB but it does have a floor locker that runs down the middle of the flat center section of the deck. It has front and rear livewells along with an access hatch for the bow area in front of the livewell. If I could add six more gallons easily, I would probably do it because there are times the gauge shows near empty when I get back to the dock. When I fill up form empty on the gauge I end up buying 18-20 gallons but I don't want to find out the last few gallons won't draw from the tank and I'm paddling either. My trolling motor is pretty strong but there are times the river current is too strong for the 82#er I have on the bow now.

If someone that has a 30 gallon tank can give me some idea of the dimensions, I'd like to see if it will fit in my 1989 model when I get it back out of storage.

mtolley

Just curious but what year do you have? I have a 93 XTB-21 and I have a 30 gal tank in it. I have wished a couple of times that I had a larger one. I am glad that I don't have a 24 or I would have to get something bigger. I will try to look at my tank and see if it has a part # or any info on it.
my boat is an 1986 and layed out like bluegray's is.