Xtb21??

NoviceDave

Is the transom the same structurally as the XB2003? Does the XTB have the glassed-in aluminum for the trolling motor mount? What is the beam of the XTB? Lastly how does it fish? Is it more stable than the XB2003 at rest? Does it drift in the wind when trolling like the xb2003? I may be in the market soon for an XTB so any information would be appreciated.

Thx,
NoviceDave

nickens21

The transoms are just as strong in the xtb's.. I am almost positive that all xtb's have the steel reinforced transoms even the early 1985-86 models.. I know for sure my 1993 has aluminium glassed for the trolling motor because I just recently purchased a new troller and had to drill some new holes.. Jmo fishabilty is just about the same as far as wind drift and stability.. The xb-2003 definitaly has a bigger front deck.. That is the only thing I wish was different on mine.. Anyone correct me if I am wrong.. Hope this helps..

Thanks, Jesse

Fishforcash

I like the XTB deck, I stay in the front 3' anyway and the extra floor space to sit and re-tie is a HUGE plus for me. The XB2003 is a more stable platform because of the wider beam but the XTB-21 suits my needs much better.

Either one is a fine choice.