Yall hold da fort down

RedAllison

I'm leavin inda mornin for Pickwick. Last season I qualified for this years Bass Federation State Tourney (Fishin Fri & Sat). Got the wedges on the red bass yachit, ready to letter strut her stuff too 120 "cookie cutters". :big grin (Fullerd will be there with his 02, only other Aboat prolly) I'll be back Sat night. Prolly be Sunday for I get back in here.

:at the bar:gone fishing
RA

Darth VMAX

Good luck RA, makes us Ally owners proud ;-)

I hope you and Fullred don't wanna fish in the same spot LOL you got a back-up spot? LOL

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Good luck RA, remember no one told the lunkers you can't fish out of an Allison.

R

Redding XB21

Good luck and keep us posted. As if you wouldn't:laughing

BigRedAlli

Heck, with all that high tech fish finding equipment, Red should have this one wooped...He'll know right where to drop that dinomite!!! :wink :laughing

Good Luck!!!

JR

Update on the prior news flash.... The EPA sent a single Investigator from their Alabama office to the waterfalls to investigate...Reports from the site report dead "queers" [prior investigators and locals] floating everywhere. Fish are returning to the area. EPA fires the Alabama Investigator.... Thankfully, no sign of RA.

RedAllison

Walp it was fun but dem minimums on the TN section of Pickwick area a KILLER (15" for largemouth, 18" for spots). I caught fish each day but had to chunkem all back, had a couple keepers on but they chunked my Rattle Trap. :banghead Was tough. 218 anglers, 100+ didn't weigh in a fish each day. :confused: NATURALLY I was 101 of 109 boats the first day. :soap box With the field broken into 3 flights it was about 30 minutes before I could even blast-off. By then the lake was ROUUUUUUGH and I only had about 5 miles to run to our first spot. (NO ONE passed us and we torched several ahead I'll say that much.)

The next day they flipped the field so instead of 101 I was now number 8 leaving out. :twisted evil Stupid FLW rules, gotta idle SINGLE FILE about 50 yards seperating each boat by the Tourney Director who was floatin in an anchored pontoon. Then continue to idle another 50 yards before you had the go ahead to plane off and leave out. LOL when I went by the pontoon the TD announced over the PA system too the boats ahead of me to "MOVE OUT OF THE WAY, THAT ALLISON WILL RUN RIGHT OVER YALL!!!" I didn't have a race tho, everyone one else took off down the lake but I instead ran straight across the dam to try to nab a quick limit of spots before anyone else could get there.

Each day I ran over 30 miles one way down the lake, plus the idling, plus the in and out of creeks yet at days end I could refill with only 8-9 gallons. The last hour of the last day we were again fishing the dam when I cranked to move and the trim was dead! COMPLETELY DEAD from the bow, the console, even the motor. A reckon a trim selinoid took a crap under the cowl. It clicks but doesn't do anything. It was at 4.3 on the Smartcraft gage, I told my partner I didn't know if it would plane being raised that high. Thing took off like an 02, UUUUUUUUP and over and gone in a flash. Who says the big boats wont wheelie?

DID "kinda sorta" get in a race... well he THOUGHT it was a race for maybe 1/4 mile. 2nd day we were runnin down the lake, cruisin at 60ish when up ahead a Triton jumps out in front of us, planes off and then proceeds to move into my line. I was like, "That ahole, mile wide lake and he wants ME to move over so he can have this line?" I bumped the plate up, trimmed the motor and matted the gas. The look on the guys face when he saw what was passing him at a good 10+mph advantage was priceless. My partner just laughed. A minute or so later and I could barely see the Triton behind me.

SUCH IS LIFE, anyway had a good time, stayed at the same hotel we rallied at in Savannah and luckily nothing major hurt on the motor!
RA

RedAllison

Never went inda waterfalls but drove by close enough to see in there Saturday and only a couple boats and barely any water comin over. This time of year most of the kinis are put up for the season anyway, maybe a local tail or two is about all you'll see up there now.

The wedges are DA ABSOLUTE SHIZZNIT now no two ways about it. UNBELIEVABLE the difference they make. Didn't cut the bowrise as much as I thought they would but cut everything else in half or better so the bowrise is no big deal as it's only up a fraction of a second and then back down. Like I said I was at 4.3 on the trim when it took a chit. If I hadn't have had the wedges I might not have been able to plane off.

Friday was VERY rough, 20+mph wind straight down the lake. Many boats were barely able to run on plane. I amazed many when I smooooooooothly rode along in the 40s over the snotty water. One guy in a Skeeter was getting HAMMERED as he made his way back up the lake when I passed him by. He turned and got in my wake. After a few minutes I looked back to see if he was able to make anymore headway in my wake. He had dropped back nearly out of sight and was still crashing slowly through the water! :big grin

Gimme a 21 for feeshin or gimme death!!! :at the bar
RA