Yeti ice chests

GotMyAlly

We use 'em on the BBQ team. I swear if you pack one with meat and ice, it'll still have ice in it and the meat will be ice cold after 5 days in 100 degree heat. For that......it's great. But for a drink cooler, i wouldn't spend the coin............most of your cold air loss comes from opening the top to grab another drink not lack of insulation, so for a day on the lake I don't think you'd see much benefit over a good ol' igloo. You can get replacement hinges and latches too, so they last forever. Bottom line, if you need to keep stuff iced down for days and you aren't going to be opening the top on a regular basis, you can't beat 'em.

Meyers

YETI are nice but the Engel is better! Plus the company is better to deal with on a daily basis. Several independent tests, the last one I saw was in Florida Sportsman and everyone rated the Engel coolers better. They are both priced similar but you can choose between Roto-Molded, Injuection and Fiberglass models with the Engel.

My .02 cents...plus YETI has had inventory problems (none in stock) for the past 6 months to ship to me when customers requested them.