YO BAD-baitor????????

GPI Racing

Yeller,

The comments about your fiberglass repair were compliments to YOU. :? I was implying you were worth more than you were "charging" even if there was no money involved. :)

As far as my work load...All I do is engines and things related to performance boats. Everyday.. all year long. No regular jobs and work on motors on the side stuff. My turn over is greater than $600,000 this year. The math says it is what it is. My dad had a "marine dealership" for 20 years. Sold 350 boats a year and we never did much in rebuilds to speak of. Probably like your uncles shop where you take care of your customers and don't get business unless it comes thru the door. 85% of my business is either outstate or outcountry. My bills and parts accounts say the stuff has to be going somewhere. Point is to do 100 motors a year is not out of the ordinary when that is what the business revolves around.

So now you know....You thought about that glass shop yet?? :wink: Seriously the guys here charge a fortune and do TONS of warranty work for Ranger (I know :eek: ), triton, etc etc. I know of one shop that used to do cars and boats and dropped the cars because they make so much more glassing. He's is very good at it so the insurance companies and factories send all their stuff there. So if your ever in the need for climatic change... 8)

Randy

Yellowallison

The comments about your fiberglass repair were compliments to YOU. I was implying you were worth more than you were "charging" even if there was no money involved
Yea I know......yu was jus askin and yankin my chain.. Thanks for the compliment Randy!! -- thaz why didn't mind askin about yu doing 20 motrs a months!!!!!!!!!!

As far as my work load...All I do is engines and things related to performance boats. Everyday.. all year long. No regular jobs and work on motors on the side stuff. My turn over is greater than $600,000 this year.
.................Thaz awesome Randy!!!!!

The math says it is what it is. My dad had a "marine dealership" for 20 years. Sold 350 boats a year and we never did much in rebuilds to speak of. Probably like your uncles shop where you take care of your customers and don't get business unless it comes thru the door

My uncle has basically quit selling boats as of last year because all his $$$$$ is made in service work. He makes damm good muney servicing and fixin all the chit those boyz with the 30+ft kingfish boats tear up running wide open in the ocean. Then hez also got the tournament bassboat boyzz. He don't even work on pleasure boats at all. He has guys bringin thier boats to him from all over the SE just for his excellent service work.

Now I also do service work at the shop behind my house and bunch of my work is just stuff he aint got time or its more of a PIA than he wants to deal with......... SHHH! last year I did over 20K in service work in my shop/garage behind my house. SHHHH!!!! thatz how I pay for my racing and toyzz!

So now you know....You thought about that glass shop yet?? Seriously the guys here charge a fortune and do TONS of warranty work for Ranger (I know ), triton, etc etc. I know of one shop that used to do cars and boats and dropped the cars because they make so much more glassing. He's is very good at it so the insurance companies and factories send all their stuff there. So if your ever in the need for climatic change...
HELL NO GPI!! Your my hero and got yu knwo I got the autograph U gave me up on my shop wall..! but I aint moving to Land of the FRozen!! We just have to have a long distance love affair! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OK!! it 5oclock.... got to go grind some 2002 fiberglass! :p :p :p :p :p

GPI Racing

Yellow,

That is why my dad quit too. You can sell 350 boats and can't make a living. Unless your REAL big and get the mega buys on stuff like the company that bought him out. They have 10 stores in 3 states. Like the Wal-Mart of boats.

Randy

It 40 degrees here today! 45 tomorrow....I'm thinking of getting a tan.

John S

HELL NO GPI!! Your my hero and got yu knwo I got the autograph U gave me up on my shop wall..! but I aint moving to Land of the FRozen!! We just have to have a long distance love affair! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yikes!!! Sounds like you should head south to Key West, Yellr, theyre in to that kind of stuff :lol: The newest movie release "Brokeback Bassracer"- starring Yellowallison and LittleRichard!!! :mrgreen: (Ive been waitin to get you back for that shot the other day). Thanks for gettin back to me the other day, Ill try to call you tomorrow.

John S

Chummy

Wow I just read this whole thread (been real busy at work the past couple of days) I think I want to come up to Avon sometime this summer once all the ice is gone, and see what its like to be around all those cool toys. Hey Yellar are you going to the Blingmaster Tour in March? Hey Randy keep me informed on those Carbongraphite Metal Matrix pistons? I would like to know how that turns out.