your thoughts about red ?

fishnfireman

Carpet..I am thinking about putting in some 36 or 40 ounce carpet.
i figure this fine a rig needs some of the finest carpet.
I had to make some cuts in the floor to accomadate the new airride seat. So I figure now is as good a time as any. for some new carpet... besides that the red surging around the edges has already faded real bad.
It has a light gray with red trim on it now. But was thinking with going to all red..with no trim....the surging looks good (until it fades) but is a *&M8^^F------shitzz when you get a crankbait hook in it--which is about every other time you pick up a different rod.

So what do ya think about red carpet..Yes ? No ? --maybe ?

Darth VMAX

I would be afraid of it turning pink after a while.

Your right the stitched edges hang on to a treble hook and wont let go! GRRRRRRRR
it does look good though. 40 oz.....now that is PLUSH!!!! It would take forever and a day to dry.

merc2five

One of these days I'm gunna re-do mine. When I do it ain't gunna have no carpet. Will put a rhino liner type coating.

fishnfireman

Will put a rhino liner type coating.

That would be great for some parts of the boat..Only trouble with that is having to spend a lot of time on your knees, trying to get baits and such out of the under deck storage.
It would for sure be great on the trailer....however the only colored ones I have seen started fading and looked like heck after a few years in the sun..I had a guy tell me that problem was in which type you applied, could be some are better than others.

I also plan on putting that (non fatigue) padding under the front deck carpet. For those multi-day tournaments... I can't use the pedestal seats,,so my old feet start hurting some after 3 or 4 days of 8 to 12 hours each.

fishnfireman

I hate to say this--- but ----That's the main reason for getting the heavy carpet.
I made the mistake of getting teal carpet in my first Allison..after 4 years of hard use..It looked like sheet..So I replaced it with the kit from Allison. In the charcoal color before I sold that boat.

i ordered this boat with the lighter gray..and it's allready looking bad.. So i figure if I'm going to spend the time to re-do the carpet. I'm going to use the best stuff I can buy..

boataddict

allison makes the rubber like carpet replacement.it is pretty cool and i would think its better than rhino lining.

fishnfireman

I'm telling ya TIME GETS AWAY :help

That new boat is on it's 3rd tourney season ...Can you believe that...

I know it sucks..
It's a 2006 model..I started picking colors and talking to Nancy and Darris in May of 05..they poured it so it would be ready to pop when they came back from there July 4th shut down. I got it around the first of Aug...Got a check at the first tournament we fished out of it in Sept. So believe it or not it will be 3 yrs old next month.....

What realy hurts is thinking about the first Allison I ordered......It seems like yesterday...But it will be 9 yrs this month. Dang I'm feeling old all of a sudden......

Last edited:

Fishforcash

Go for it but remember what that south TX sun does to cars.

I gots red in my ride and its a 96 but she has lived a VERY sheltered lifestyle.:smile

fishnfireman

Go for it but remember what that south TX sun does to cars.
No kidding i was looking at my boat carpet this morning and the red surging at the back of the boat is a LOT worse than at the front..after scratching my head and wondering why, it dawned on me it's because of when I throw the drift socks out and fish in a heavy wind that's where the waves come over the back..the hard water is helping to fade the red even worse.

merc2five

That would be great for some parts of the boat..Only trouble with that is having to spend a lot of time on your knees, trying to get baits and such out of the under deck storage.
It would for sure be great on the trailer....however the only colored ones I have seen started fading and looked like heck after a few years in the sun..I had a guy tell me that problem was in which type you applied, could be some are better than others.

I also plan on putting that (non fatigue) padding under the front deck carpet. For those multi-day tournaments... I can't use the pedestal seats,,so my old feet start hurting some after 3 or 4 days of 8 to 12 hours each.

White wouldn't fade.

Last boat I had was red & had red carpet. Dat chit was HOT !!!!!!!
I will never have another with a dark/sun absorbing carpet or coating. It looks good but tough on the body on the water a full day.
JMHO

fishnfireman

White wouldn't fade.

Last boat I had was red & had red carpet. Dat chit was HOT !!!!!!!
I will never have another with a dark/sun absorbing carpet or coating. It looks good but tough on the body on the water a full day.
JMHO
Yurxactly right..That's why my trucks at least have a white top. Also the reason i ordered this boat with a white top cap and the lighter colored carpet. It's amazing- in the hot summer, you can touch the seat with a bare leg, on the white part it's almost cool to the touch..But you slide back and touch that yellow insert...and wow.. you will move real quick.

Same with the gelcoat, lay your arm over the side of the boat. so long as your on the white...ok.. slide back and touch the red or yellow and...........daaauum.

However the last 3 seasons I have spent very few days on the water when it got hot...which is fine by me. The kids are gone---- i don't ski anymore.. most of my fishing tournaments are from Sept. thru May.. I bet Iv'e worn a coat more often than shorts...

fishnfireman

hate to ask a dumb question, but what is an airride seat?
Not dumb.
It may be another first for Allison.
I know some off shore boats have them- this might be a first in a bass boat.
It is just as the name implies -an air ride seat- This one has an adjustable air bladder in side that allows you to raise the seat by as much as 7" The best part is you can set it to be firm or soft. to absorb all the shock when you are jumping waves..It has turned out to be a lot bigger job than I first thought. I was telling Nancy about it..She kinda laughed and said Darris has been talking about building one for years..Just never got it done.