Zeppelin without Plant???

Scott Gilmore

OK. JUST a Jimmy Page band. Page has to be the most overrated guitar player of all time. The three or four licks he knows, he learned from Jeff. Nuf said.
Learned from the great one & copied whatever his "talent" would allow him to do !! Scott :big grin

RedAllison

Plant is great by himself. Sure he has influences, show me any great who doesn't! I was at the final concert of Page & Plant in 98 when they concluded their "Walking into Clarksdale" tour in Memphis. They were GREAT but you kept asking yourself what would it be like if Jones was on the rightside of the stage and Jr. was poundin the skins behind them???

But the whole notion of a "Zepp Reunion" without Page, Plant, Jones and Bonham Jr. is just ludicrous. The guys obviously don't hafta do it for the money (I was told Plant turned down $200MILL for a world tour a couple years ago!) but I think they owe it too their fans to at least do one more tour. Afterall they didn't retire and then Bonham died, he died while they were still an active band. Now more than ever folks want to see them and Jr. is the only worthy substitute for his dad.

Just a TRUE farewell/reunion tour. Not this "gimme more money we'll keep touring every couple years" like KISS and The Eagles do. Just a simple 1 year world tour and then ride off into the sunset... :beer:
RA

ps
And one possible "sub" I've heard mentioned???... The Red Rocker/Sammy Hagar................. COME DA FEK ON. He was no David Lee Roth to begin with, NOW they wanna prop him up and let him sub for a true God??????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

Last edited: