Recent content by Joel

1. Joel

Ok Not to beat a dead horse swim ladders. :]

Ive been trying to finals a ladder like that but one that doesn't bolt to the motor, it needs to go to the jack plate. My mid has a non standard bolt pattern and my steering hoses are in the way for any I've found so far
  2. Joel

260 vs 280 xb03

so I've got a 97 xb03 and I was planning on putting a 2.5 280 bass on it but now it doesn't look like I can buy that motor anymore, I can however get a late 90's 2.5 260 on an offshore mid with less than 50 hours on it with a new polished sport master and an alternator kit for $8000cdn. So my...
  3. Joel

Xb03 175 faststrike questions

Thanks for the advice guys I think I'll try and cone the case for next summer, I'm really excited to see how fast j can get this thing with a good motor and after fixing some of the previous owners damage, is there any other upgrades or modifications I should do to try and increase performance...
  4. Joel

I'd have to take a measurement and see where it is right now, I know it's not much higher than it was before but it trims out much further so I can actually get the nose up... I didn't use it much before changing the case but I don't think the previous owner really knew what he was doing(not...
  5. Joel

Thanks but I'm probably only gonna use it 1-2 more times this year and next year I should have different motor, and I think I may have tried an srx already or something similar in a 26p and I didn't like it, only got about 60mph and I don't like the way they slip out of the hole.
  6. Joel

Ok that's good to know, I have plans to fix some gelcoat chips on the bottom this winter, hopefully, along with a new motor and I was planning on keeping that gearcase. How much faster would I expect to see with a nose cone and how do they affect handling. Also I noticed the back two inches of...
  7. Joel

So I bought a 1997 xb03 with a 98my 175 faststrike at the beginning of this summer and have been trying to get it figured out, when I bought it it had the stock gearcase and I changed it out to a lightning case(l1) off a 225ho ficht I believe and that made it handle somewhat better, I also...