Search results

1. M

1976 xst17

Wife says get bigger boat so: 1976 XST17. Darris saw the boat at the Rally and said it was unique in that his shop guys built it for speed runs in '76. Orange and White. Original Gelcoat! Transom re-cored with Klegecell foam and all rear bulkheads rebuilt with additional stringers. New...
  2. M

Thanks to everyone!!!!

Especially my buddy that towed me in. I took the boat to Glenn and he is putting a new engine on it. I am going to sell it and buy something bigger to make my wife happy. Unfortunately my DNA wants me to have Glenn build an XR2002 for me if I can find a good hull. I figure I can put a small...
  3. M

1975 XST17 Resto - Getting Started - Need help

Early XST, 75 build 76 hull stamp all stickers are 75 except for hull stamp. Original Orange/White with matching trailor. Seems unmolested except for 79 Johnson rig, not sure if was originally merc. Excellent shape for 35 yr old with most of the restore being filling holes in deck area and...
  4. M

Allison sst world record

Allison history shows Ben Robertson breaking the 100mph barrier in an XST in 1975. I believe that it was broken again in 1979, but my memory isn't so good from that period of time (way too much fun) Jay
  5. M

Allison sst world record

Any pics from the sst world record boat in 1975-76? Am rebuilding sst, would like docs/pics jay
  6. M

Allison 18 predecessor to GT20

sorry, ski prop, i changed props for skiing. we dropped the wrench and had to dive in the pluff mudd (thank you lindy) (charleston)(we would run all the way up the cooper/wando to the bridge/change props/ski, then back.
  7. M

Red, can I buy your hull? Jay
  8. M

Had jacks re-rig and went to Miami marine stadium and kicked the action craft's butt 1978/79
  9. M

That's just like my boat! Rigged by Stevie Robertson w/ the original 175xs. had blow out problems with the foot, but still ran 85-88 w/ no plate and ski prop. Mine was blue/white
  10. M

Does anyone remember or have pics of the 18gt. I bought mine from Benny Robertson in Charleston with a 175 Black Max. Was running 80 stock. Later upped motor to 200 with bobs cone lower unit and got to 90 down at Miami Marine stadium in the late 70s. I think the boat was a 77 or 78
  11. M

1991 Xb 2002

Pics? Please email to jaysterrett@bellsouth.net Thanks