Search results

1. J

What rings ????

I'm rebuilding my steel sleeve pro max --- 1997. What rings should I use --- chrome or titanium ???? Jim
  2. J

Another fuel question

I ran the no ethenol gas at cliffton during the fast pass rally. Got home and ran the 10% ethenol which is all there is around here. My setup and prop are the same but the engine is 200 to 300 RPM lower at top end. Is anyone else out there finding the same performance difference ??????? Jim
  3. J

Promax power

What does the horsepower curve for the early model ( 95-97) Promax look like ? When does the power roll off --- 7400, 7500 or 7800 RPM ???? Where should the rev limiter be reset for best performance ??? Jim
  4. J

Trailor weight

I may have to go to plan B for a tow vehicle to the rally. Just curious, what is the weight of a single axle Boatmate trailor ? Jim
  5. J

Hot weather performance

I have a XB02 with a ProMax 225. Today in hot weather, 90+ temp and very high humidity I was running 4 to 5 MPH slower than I was in early cooler spring weather. Is this typical for a XB02 with ProMax ?
  6. J

ProMax horsepower curve

I have a 225 promax with bolt on mods --- Brocato SVS, Rapair ECU with no rev limiter, Jay Smith light flywheel, 150 lb heads, tunner and exhaust relieved, oil injection removed. The motor is stock internally --- block, ports, exhaust chest, cast pistons ( top pinned ) all stock. I can spin...
  7. J

Low tachometer readings

I have a XB2002 with a 225 ProMax and a 7800 RPM rev limiter. I am running a 26" stock chopper II at a speed of 93.5 GPS. I show 7200 RPM on the tach ; but if I do the math, the tach should be showing 7600 RPM. The tach is a Merc performance products 10000 RPM tach. Could it be that far off...
  8. J

Pitch on Trophy props

It has been suggested on some previous posts that the Mercury Trophy props have more pitch than what is advertised or shown on the prop. If this is true, how much more would it be? Is a 27 pitch really a 27.5 or 28 ? Jim
  9. J

Serial Number

A friend has this serial number on his ProMax block , OG503568. He would like to know what year was it built ?
  10. J

T shirts in

Thanks Kevin !!!! Got the T shirts today, they look good. I'll be heading for the rally a week from today. I'm still working on a few motor problems but they should be resolved in a day or two. Jim
  11. J

Mixing old and new gas

A friend of mine hasn't used his boat in over five months. He put in 15 gallons of 93 octane five months ago. If we assume the octane level of gas decreases as it sits in the tank for an extended period of time; let's say his gas is now 85 octane. Now if he adds 15 gallons of new 93 octane gas...
  12. J

Locktite on on gear case

I am puting new prop shaft seals in my CLE gear case with some help from a local tech. Should I put locktite on the locking ring and gear case threads when I reassemble the case?
  13. J

Eagle One Performance

Just though I would let you guys in the south east know about a shop that does good work. Noah Legear from Eagle One Performance Products ( Panama City, FL ) rebuilt my Merc XR6 150 HP fishing motor. He has a full machine shop and was able to cut my heads to 32cc, cut my ports, and machine...