Search results

1. D

HC 6345 Steering Cylinder

I'd post your question on Scream and Fly and or Bass Boat Central. This site has really slowed down
  2. D

Passing of Greg (xs03mitch)

Allison Friends: I got a call from Greg's Mom today (2 April) saying that he passed away from complications of pneumonia. He was buried on 25 March. I wasn’t too much in contact with Greg but I suspected something happened as he wasn’t responding to PMs. Although it might be a while to...
  3. D

1997 Xb2003 gearcase selection

Good tip that I learned through out the years is to store an epoxy coned case in a heated area during the winter months. This will minimize the epoxy bubbling condition. And for my two cents, I prefer a coned case over the SM.
  4. D

Found Allison Photo's

Thanks for posting and as Tom stated, great memories. Found a few of myself during old Rallies. Also took notice of Yellow Allison pics, Scott Vickery. I remember attending the very first Rally. I pulled in the hotel lot late in the evening and there's Scott sanding on his gearcase with a...
  5. D

XB-21

Congrats on your purchase. This site has been really slow for a good while. Might consider posting your questions on Bass Boat Central / Allison Boats page as well. They're might be Allison Owners FB groups you can search also. Good luck.
  6. D

XB2003 Prosport Bow Eye

Where did you get this? I tried to find a U bolt style such as this but couldn't find one with a direct fit. Thanks
  7. D

XB2003 Prosport Bow Eye

After some research, this is the only direct fit option that I found. Ordered one from Amazon, $11.25. https://sea-dog.com/groups/2249-twin-shank-bow-eye
  8. D

XB2003 Prosport Bow Eye

Where's a good source to get one? Mine is not looking too good. I replace it awhile back but can remember where I got it. I think this time I'm going to find someone with smaller forearms to help. I remember replacing it last time and I gouged up my Pop-Eye forearms quite well going through...
  9. D

New member in Orlando

Monitor this site as well for searching: htps://www.screamandfly.com/forum.php
  10. D

2019 -2020 stuff

Nice Your new rig? Older pic? I see leaves on the trees.
  11. D

Ride Guide cables

If your wanting to retain the Ride-Guide setup, this might be your only option for cable replacement but it requires modification work: https://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?303739-Ride-guide-cable-conversion&highlight=cable+conversion I did this on one cable for my Prosport a couple...
  12. D

ETEC 250 H.O.

Sorry for your medical issues. Hopefully you'll get past this and get back in an Allison later in life. I would post this package on Scream & Fly to increase exposer. You have any performance numbers with both engines?
  13. D

Question for you all on a 2001 ,225 X

My 2002 225X had the very same symptom new out of the box. Dealer discovered that the plug-in for the Throttle Position Sensor was jacked. Your probably going to have to find a dealer the has DDT to test the functionality of the TPS. Leak-down test is a must, If it has low leak-down numbers...
  14. D

2019 -2020 stuff

Thanks for the info. Think I'll run the sacrificial wheel (27 Trophy) and keep the good stuff on the shelf. I'll bring a spare as well. Get's awful sparse along the way to look for a tow home.
  15. D

2019 -2020 stuff

Awesome How was the Ohio water conditions in regards to debris? I ask as I'm planning a Cox Park to Madison lunch run this Friday morning in my 225X powered Prosport. Weather forecast looks great, lower humidity, lower temp and sunny for Friday.
  16. D

Allison Ski Boat (Columbia) $5000

Wow What a clean rig for being 35 years old. Even the motor cowl shines tall.
  17. D

225x vs 225

X has a near bullet-proof oil injection pump. I have not heard a single oil pump failure on the X. Not so for the previous gen promax. X has o-ring type heads vs gasket for improved reliability. As mentioned above, uses a car type alternator for higher charging and reliability. The Xs ECU...
  18. D

2019 -2020 stuff

Looking good there for sure ! It's going to be a long time till the Ohio River settles down to provide debris free boating conditions. What's the break-in recipe you plan on doing?
  19. D

Need some advice on making my Alli better.

I'm thinking the best with this type of motor will be mid to upper 70s. Yea, the perfect tall pitch prop, prefect setback, minimal weight in the boat, cool weather, one might be able to get into the 80 MPH range but that's not the aveage day realaistic baoting conditions. With that, your on...
  20. D

GS righed with 2001 225 Rude Ram vs 225 Promax

Does your Rude have a coned case? I'm guessing it does if this rig has ran 90 as reported. How about solid engine mounts? A must for safe handling. I've ran a 27 Renegade on my ProSport - 225 Promax a few times. Runs fairly well, great wheel for learning how to drive an Allison. Mine ran upper...