Search results

1. ScottB

Flo-Torq Hub Wobble

Bought the hub from Todd at Hydromotive, and all is better now!
  2. ScottB

New to me 2+2

Like LifeLine does, I wonder if Todd at Hydromotive would be open to a group buy and get a discount :). Todd, you listening?
  3. ScottB

Allison Red Book

Sent the PDF to John!
  4. ScottB

Flo-Torq Hub Wobble

Todd... is this the one (835258Q1)? If you sell these, I would buy it from you. Love to support those who help us out. Let me know if you have one and I can pay via PayPal.
  5. ScottB

Flo-Torq Hub Wobble

I notice some 'wiggle' in the prop (30P ET) when I was checking the prop for any issues at the end of the day. The plastic insert has some looseness in it, causing the prop to wiggle a little (shaft is solid and straight). I will replace the Flo-Torq hub this week, but was wondering if this is...
  6. ScottB

Russ "62mph" P.

You are ahead of me. My best so far is 78mph. Hit 72 this weekend, but could not find clean water to run in. Do you have a trim gauge? I do not, and usually bump up 8-10 hits to find what I think is a good spot.
  7. ScottB

New Grandsport interior cost?

Allison was fast and easy to work with. I wanted a carbon fiber insert (which they did not offer), so I supplied exactly want I wanted and there was no up charge. The new interior bolted in pretty quickly and looks great.
  8. ScottB

New Grandsport interior cost?

$1770 is what I paid (I believe).
  9. ScottB

27 Hydromotive Quad 4 OT

Did this sell?
  10. ScottB

Russ "62mph" P.

Even with hydraulic steering, my boat is harder to turn left at speed. I guess this is still torque from the engine, but slight 'adjustments' on the wheel to the left take some muscle. Is this normal?
  11. ScottB

Russ "62mph" P.

Thank you for posting those great videos. For us new drivers, this will help a lot. Unfortunately, I cannot get out on the water this weekend or next, but I will soon!!!!!
  12. ScottB

GrandSport is home

I might go out on Sunday, even though it may be cold. If anyone is open, I will buy lunch!
  13. ScottB

GrandSport is home

No trim gauge on this boat, so I counted it out in my head (tucked in to ~ level) when it was on the trailer and do this once on plane. Yeah, the feeling is odd once you get around 50 and feel the boat lift. I guess I need to keep my foot into it and get to that 70+ mark. I have not touched the...
  14. ScottB

GrandSport is home

I need more weight on the port side, as I weigh more than Nick. Also, I tend to not look way up stream and focus on the actions of the bow too much. Finally, finding the trim spot(s) is a challenge, as I am probably too buried most of the time. Work in progress.
  15. ScottB

GrandSport is home

I have the cleanest GS sides in the US right now :). Today was my second time out and still working with the speed. Trying to find a good spot for the trim and figuring out which steering corrections work. Still in the low 60s, but being safe. I can get it up on the pad, but not for long.
  16. ScottB

GS Interior

Could always paint this interior red:gasp
  17. ScottB

what should I do before I sell

I think it is imperative to give the boat a good cleaning and fix as many of the small cosmetic items you can. I would not change the steering, carpet, or interior. However, I would suggest running the engine and make sure it is doing what it should be doing. Not worth investing the $1500+, as...
  18. ScottB

GS Interior

Yes, same price and Bill sent back the extra material.
  19. ScottB

GS Interior

Here is the new interior. I wanted something clean and simple, so I would not get tired of something more trendy. The pieces are still wrinkled from the shipping, but the interior is white with a silver carbon fiber (I purchased and sent to Bill) with red and black logo.