Search results

1. G

Ultrex woes again...'bye Bird and hello Garmin...

My factory reconditioned, bought new MK Ultrex had a second, catastrophic failure about 3 weeks ago, at about 300 hours of operation. I found about it on the water at the beginning of my fishing day and had to go home. The steering went all the way to one side and would not be budged. Turns...
  2. G

Is it possible?

I have an older trophy 14.5x26 prop that worked well on my XTB, but when I put on a sport master fat shaft gear case it did not fit the fat shaft. It is not a flo torque hub type, Can this prop be converted to work with a fat shaft? Thanks.
  3. G

short and sweet...Spydro Underwater Camera

Bought a Spydro camera. The fishing line broke, Camera is lost, not covered by Square Trade warranty $$ easy come, easy go.
  4. G

The honeymoon is over...XTB-21 and it is most definitely "All Good"

Got the registration renewal forms from the state for the ride and the trailer recently...that means that I made it thorough the first year of Allison boat ownership. Thinking back, the decision to drive to Walls, Mississippi from Heber, Utah 3300 mile round trip to pick it up sight unseen...
  5. G

Repowering my '89 XTB with a slight "Geneva" influence to close out the 2018 season...

My new to me Allison is getting a bit more oomph on the back. Recently purchased a less than 50 hour 2001 vintage mercury factory built 2.5 long block with some goodies bolted on it. VST is deleted, has lightweight flywheel and 16 amp charging setup, Boyesen reeds, Geneva Fla. local David...
  6. G

Allison boats and the Shrinkage Factor...

Got my new ride on the water today for the first real shakedown on one of my home high mountain reservoirs. water is at 6200 ft above sea level. There was no courtesy dock next to the launch ramp where I could let the boat off the trailer and walk on the dock to step onto the boat floating...
  7. G

Best cost efficient way for a used boat buyer to safely get a 21 ft on trailer Allison delivered from Tennessee to Utah ???

Hi, this is the only part that I don't know what to do. How would you go about it and how much as a ball park figure should I expect to pay? My hometown (Heber) is similar in distance to anywhere in TN as Salt Lake City. I have never bought a used boat out of state before. Looking for some...
  8. G

Evolution and history of each model produced by Allison boats...what led to what led to what?

Just went through The Red Book again, and found it very helpful for a potential first time Allison owner. Is there a way for info to be available regarding the evolution of the different Allison models and changes made year to year since the beginning of the brand? That would be helpful for...
  9. G

cold weather and gelcoat on Allison boats...

Don't own an Allison boat yet. Am working my way through the required number of posts that new forum members do. Where I am from (Northern Utah) I live over a mile above sea level and in the winter it gets well below zero. Have not seen a single Allison hull in my state and I have been here...
  10. G

Hello!

Hi crew, greetings from Utah...self introduction... Have been fishing all my life. I make my living as a ski instructor at Park City Mountain Resort in Utah. Have tons of solo backpacking experiences in the Sierras, High Uintas, and Wind River Range. I know where the 4 pound trout live...