Search results

1. MoodyAllison

1995 xb2003 20" 280

Well, I've not put the boat in three months and I'm gonna be fishing out of my dad's xtb most of the time and can't see any way to justify keeping my boat and his also. The boat is a 95 model with a 2000 20" 280 with a torque master. Has a evenrude 24v toller on it. New hydraulic steering...
  2. MoodyAllison

WTB Steering Part

Guys, I'm needing the bracket that hooks to the tiller arm on a promax to hook up ride glide cables. The tiller arm has two horizontal bolts that are 5/16" fine thread and one vertical hole that I don't think is going to be used. If you got one laying around let me know what you want for it...
  3. MoodyAllison

WTB 225 Promax Crank

Looking for a good Promax crank if anyone has one laying around.
  4. MoodyAllison

Broken Skid-Planer

Anyone ran into a broken planer before. I have mine set up exactly like it says from allison and it broke on the right side in the bend at the bottom. Is this common? And yes I rigged up the transducer for the H-bird in the middle.
  5. MoodyAllison

2.4?? & Suggestions

Well I have a possible 2.4 Bridgeport that we assume is a 2.4 chrome bore motor. Had a bad stator but we pulled the heads to take a look and has a 2 holes that are not in that good of shape. Funny thing is it was fairly consistant on compression on all six. Can anyone give me an idea what this...
  6. MoodyAllison

XTB v.s. 2003

Going this weekend for the maiden voyage in a new to me XTB 21 with a 2.4, 200 coned lower hanging on it. I've got a 2003 but was curious as to the driving differences between the two. Is there anything I need to be consious of before I go out and run it?
  7. MoodyAllison

Thoughts on my 225 build

My father and I picked up a 225 promax and it has one cylinder oversized and it came in pieces (parts that is). It appears that everything is there from when it was torn down and we're starting to get ready to get the process going on building it. We're thinking about sending the block to the...
  8. MoodyAllison

24 Small Shaft Chopper

Okay, so I'm gonna lose on this FOR SURE! But I got a little one on the way and am gonna throw it back up before I e-bay / craigslist it. $250.00 o.b.o. + the ride. Need the funds! http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=12057
  9. MoodyAllison

Allison sponsor????

So why is it that Allison doesn
  10. MoodyAllison

24" Chopper

24 chopper - just freshened up by Bob Lipton. 375 plus the ride. It's a press in small shaft that I can't run on my boat so it's got to go.
  11. MoodyAllison

? about ET #'s

So, can anyone tell me anything about a prop that is supposed to be a 28ET that has the #'s 48-13372-28? I had a 30 that was an ET and the pictures I'm looking at of the 28 look a little different. I know the prop has been worked but want to make sure it is an actual et and not a chopper that's...
  12. MoodyAllison

26 T-4X Large shaft

I have a used but 26 T-4X Hydromotive that is in great shape. Hydromotive put in the large hub (weld in). I picked it up from a fellow Ally owner and would like to run a three blade instead. It is the easiest driving prop I've put on the boat and carries 4+ with no problem. I'd like to get...
  13. MoodyAllison

HB Side Imaging/Skid Planer

I'm running a skid planer on my boat and I've got a side imaging hummingbird transducer. How has everyone mounted the transducer on this type of set up? I'm planning on changing mine this winter and need some ideas. Pics would be a great help! Is everyone running their skid planer like Allison...
  14. MoodyAllison

Small shaft to Large

So I had to change out my prop shaft to a large one since mother merc isn't making anymore for the torque master lower. My ? is how hard is it to re-hub a small shaft prop for a large shaft. Is it mearly chucking it up in a lathe to clean out the bore and welding in an insert? Is this something...
  15. MoodyAllison

Cleaning off the shelves

I have got three props that need to go. The 24 48-13368-A5-24P chopper has been modified but I'm not sure who did it or what cut. The 48-825942-25P Trophy is in pretty rough shape and in need of getting sent off, but does not appear to have been welded or cracked. The 48-16994-A4D-24 Lazer II is...
  16. MoodyAllison

Alabama Allison's

Went up to good ole Lay this weekend to test the new foil and do a little fishin. Headin out I passed a blue and white GS on Hwy 28. Is that anyone on here? I'm guessing they were puttin in at Beeswax. Any other allisons in the Birmingham or surrounding areas? It would be great to meet up and...
  17. MoodyAllison

9/10 5/10 or 1/10

So, I guess you could say I am a newbie to buying and selling props so I have some questions. How do you rate props? How can I tell if one has had previous crack repair? What are the rating and scale information to make the difference in a 9/10 or a 7/10? I've sold one prop on the site that...
  18. MoodyAllison

26" Chopper

This is a prop I picked up from a guy with a hydostream. It was his drag prop when he used to be into the sport. It appears to have been thinned and alot of work on it. It doesn't have enough bow lift for my 2003 so I'm letting it go. It probably needs to be sent for some work so the first...
  19. MoodyAllison

30P Lightning ET Chopper Sale/Trade

Hey guys, I've got a 30P chopper on my 2003xb and its a little large for my set up. I'm looking for a 26-28 to go back on it. I will try to get some pictures of it and post them soon. The prop is in great shape and has never been touched. I'll let it go for $600.00 or trade for a mazco...
  20. MoodyAllison

280 compression

I've got a 2000 model Merc 280 on my XB03 and it was put about eight years ago. The motor has never been touched and I've run a compression check on all cylinders. I've got 140 on 4 of them, 138 on 1, and 135 on the last one. Is this motor supposed to have 150 on all of them? If so, is this...