Search results

1. N

Smartcraft Warning Question

My 2006 Merc 200xs has a constant engine malfunction lamp. Upon inspection I noticed some coil wires that got exposed rubbing on a starter bolt. I suspect it gave me error code counts but the engine runs perfect. Is there a way to clear the codes without the DDT? Thanks, Norm
  2. N

OMC Trolling Motor For Sale

OMC Trolling Motor For Sale - Sold!!! Complete working 24 volt TM for sale. Was taken off my 1997 XB2002 last year and has been stored in the garage. Will send pics to those who are interested. I bought the boat about 4 years ago and the TM looked like it never was used. I used the TM just...
  3. N

06 200XS Engine Malfuction Warning

I wanted to post as an fyi. I took my boat out after sitting all winter and noticed the Smartcraft gauge engine icon and warning bell flashing. No audible alarm ever sounded and no loss of power or Guardian system ever kicked in. Took it in for diagnostics and turned out one of the coils had...
  4. N

Motor Totor? Yes or No

Ha Yall, How many yall use a motor totor and how many don't give a hoot cause it don't hurt nutin runnin without one. I asked a marine dealer (non Allison) about using a turn buckle for the bow eye and his responce was "let it bounce! You ever had to git up in there and change a bow eye...
  5. N

Steering Wheel Trim Switch

Can someone explain why my Allison steering wheel trim buttons has been erratic. It's been cold out and the trim switch works when it wants too. The shift control button works fine. What's it look like under the steering wheel of my XB02. I know the switch is built into the steering wheel...
  6. N

Fire Extinguisher Mounting

I'm taking a poll on fire mounting on an XB2002. Any suggestions welcome.
  7. N

Hoss Triton on Ebay

14 1/2 x 28 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hoss-Triton-Style-Propeller-OUTBOARD-Racing-Mercury_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ26456QQitemZ4645354288QQrdZ1
  8. N

Driving Googles

Is anyone using these Wiley goggles or another brand for driving. I have a problem with my shades pushing up on my eye balls over 75mph. Which means when I get to 85 mph I can't dog doo doo. :shock: They look cool and you can get these in perscription...
  9. N

Yup Another XB02 Newby On the Block

Just got back from Glenn Reynolds with my XB2002/200XS Shortshaft. Left from Elk Grove Ca on Wednesday after work and made it to Harriman Friday afternoon. Made it back home on Sunday. That's almost 5000 miles boys! Anyways Glenn said the boat did 87 mph breakin in the new motor. I...