13 Ally on Craigslist

Tom M

Been there, done that.
Must admit I was tempted cause it's only 2 1/2 hours from me, then I remembered I went down that road with a Delta, lost money on that one too.

F2008

Wow, that does look a little rough.

.....but, if anyone's interested and would like some more pictures or additional info, the location given is only like 10 minutes from me.

suicidealli

I would like to have a 15 or 16'.. Put a 12" mid and a 200... That would be a ball of fun.... It just takes to much money to do a total restore on these old boats, and to break even would be a dream.....lol
Tony has a nice one, and put a lot of money in his, so did doublej. It is a shame, they are rotting away.....
Roy

Paul

Yeah it looks very rough. I just thought I'd put it out there just in case anyone wanted it. I bought a 14 that era and I got it for 400 w/ the motor (sold the motor for 200) and all it needs is paint. That was a little more reasonable. I'm going to see Larry Register when I get enough money up for a 13R. That should be a lifetime boat. espesially at my age.

TBuck2003

Looks like a 14 to me. It has the old style flares on both sides. This was the predecessor to the 13 or 14 R that have the low flares on the wing tips. This is a mid to late sixties looking hull, and should have a 5.5 or 5.75 " pad width. Lots of work but doable. I have done it but will be a long time before another... I love the expert that said with a 225 Black Max it went 110 MPH. WOW. Properly set up with a short shaft OMC 3 cyl. 62-3-65 MPH. Thats it. Fun Boat just not the later style.

suicidealli

Looks like a 14 to me. It has the old style flares on both sides. This was the predecessor to the 13 or 14 R that have the low flares on the wing tips. This is a mid to late sixties looking hull, and should have a 5.5 or 5.75 " pad width. Lots of work but doable. I have done it but will be a long time before another... I love the expert that said with a 225 Black Max it went 110 MPH. WOW. Properly set up with a short shaft OMC 3 cyl. 62-3-65 MPH. Thats it. Fun Boat just not the later style.
And a handful to drive too with the stock pad.....lol

Roy

lovell

If I can see that hull number correctly it is a 67 13 ft first two numbers are year model next two are length last two is the number of which it was pulled out of mold

Paul

What's considered a good pad width on 13 and 14 allisons? Anyone tried an 80 merc or larger or a V-4 OMC on one of these? It sounds like a big difference between the old and new style.

Last edited: