'15 Rally Video Responsibilities?

scj

Ever since I have learned about Allison's, one of my favorite things about Allison owners is the continuity. I have watched Richards videos dozen of times as I love to see all the different boats and who does not like to see their own boat running on the water.
Well, I was really bummed to hear Richard is not going to make this years Rally. IMO, Richard spent a lot of time and knew where to be to get the good shots of the boats running.

Craig, Skewby, Ben, anyone; is there a plan for this years rally video?
Becky has a pretty nice video camera that has good stabilization and she's more than willing to take videos but we'll only be there Wednesday through Saturday. She'll be there for Wednesday's prop test and speed runs, Lou's lunch plus the rest of the the day but she's committed to helping Nancy all day Thursday for the banquet. I'll need a cameraman Thursday for the river run if someone else doesn't want to take video footage. Becky's in all day for Friday's video coverage and since I suck at catching fish in Tennessee, I think it would be fun to cover the tournament on Saturday and go from boat to boat to video you real fishermen.

If everything has been covered already, we'll offer up our footage to whomever is making the video to help out.
Let me know...............

Alli-drenaline Rush

Ever since I have learned about Allison's, one of my favorite things about Allison owners is the continuity. I have watched Richards videos dozen of times as I love to see all the different boats and who does not like to see their own boat running on the water.
Well, I was really bummed to hear Richard is not going to make this years Rally. IMO, Richard spent a lot of time and knew where to be to get the good shots of the boats running.

Craig, Skewby, Ben, anyone; is there a plan for this years rally video?
Becky has a pretty nice video camera that has good stabilization and she's more than willing to take videos but we'll only be there Wednesday through Saturday. She'll be there for Wednesday's prop test and speed runs, Lou's lunch plus the rest of the the day but she's committed to helping Nancy all day Thursday for the banquet. I'll need a cameraman Thursday for the river run if someone else doesn't want to take video footage. Becky's in all day for Friday's video coverage and since I suck at catching fish in Tennessee, I think it would be fun to cover the tournament on Saturday and go from boat to boat to video you real fishermen.

If everything has been covered already, we'll offer up our footage to whomever is making the video to help out.
Let me know...............
Many thanks for the kudos, scj! I appreciate greatly the acknowledgement!

In my opinion, shooting the video represents about 25% of the work. The majority of the effort is spent in poring over video clips many times, cutting out the choppy footage, finding the clips where the angles and scenes are right, assembling the video, bringing in the music, and converting/uploading to YouTube. Expect 40+ hr of editing for a 15 minute video..... As an example, it took over an hour just to get the first three seconds of crashing glass on the latest video! And generally, it takes maybe 10-to-15-to-20 hours of video to yield a 15 minute clip, as many times the subject is too far away, or the boat from which the video is taken is too unstable due to wave action......

Having written all this, there is a possibility that I will be able to participate in the Rally. With oil at $60/bbl, my job is going away; I have posted on new opportunities internally; should know by June 17 if I have been successful. If not, then the rational course of action would be to hoard vacation if and when I need to look externally. The irrational thing is to say to heck with it, deal with it when it gets here, and come to Tennessee to enjoy an awesome week of running the river, hanging with the buds and enjoying Miss Anitas' awesome Jell-O shots :)....

And if Donna and I do come to Tennessee, then maybe I can try out the new Sony 4K action cam that I received a few days ago :)
Then Miss Becky and I could collaborate on some awesome 60th anniversary footage.......

Best regards,
Richard

Allyfishing

Just retire Richard and get it over with!!!!! You could always consult under the table and put the screws to the butt hole company!!

Alli-drenaline Rush

Steve - Boss says to live a little, and buddies have been on my butt to go, so I'm gonna throw caution to the wind, and make an executive decision to participate in the Rally this year :)

Becky and I can collaborate on the videography!

Richard

scj

Great advice from your co-workers! I'm glad you're going to make it!

I'm sure she'll have a hundred questions for you as this will be her first time making an effort for something other than just family stuff.

Alli-drenaline Rush

No problem! We'll all have a blast! I think that I am in the hunt for 2 of the 5 jobs that I posted on. Will know next week.

Allyfishing

This is great!!! Two videographers gathering video of the week. I'm very grateful to have Becky to step up and take video and Richard as well. Going to be a memorable and record breaking rally for sure!! I'm glad (and somewhat nervous) about putting on a rally such as this with the amount of owners committed to attending. Watts Bar will never be the same after this!!!

biller31

I encourage everyone to try and take a few videos and pictures while they are there and then we can email them to the main videographer for compilation. That's part of how we've done it in the past to get many perspectives and some really cool shots.

skewby

perspectives? ben thats a big word. you just want to make sure that you get recorded giving one of your speeches or cheering the next drink.... lol

Alli-drenaline Rush

I encourage everyone to try and take a few videos and pictures while they are there and then we can email them to the main videographer for compilation. That's part of how we've done it in the past to get many perspectives and some really cool shots.
Great suggestion, Ben! Especially since it is not possible to enjoy the poker run and socialize and still be out there and ready for those guys who blast off first for the next marina.....

scj

Yeah, I'm sure Richard would like to be on the other end of the video for a change..........Becky and I will help every way we can so there's plenty of footage to choose from.