1990 bass racer redo

allison86

I know this thread is a little aged but so is the paint on my boat so it's worth a shot! I own a 2000 gse xs2003 & I was wondering if u would have the paint code for petty blue; the color on the sides of your boat is the dominant color on my boat! Thanks and have an emAculant rig too

racerx

Aged but still a good post for a very well cared for older allison,nice boat...

bassracr

I know this thread is a little aged but so is the paint on my boat so it's worth a shot! I own a 2000 gse xs2003 & I was wondering if u would have the paint code for petty blue; the color on the sides of your boat is the dominant color on my boat! Thanks and have an emAculant rig too
this boat is all orig gelcoat so no paint code. you may be able to tow it to an automotive paint store that can use a specialty camera to assist in matching your color

bassracr

I still had the 1988 2.4 Bridgeport cowling and offshore mid.that was on the boat many years ago when I bought it. Did some paintwork on them and installed them on the 2.5 .& added an Allison foil.

F2008

I like that Bridgeport cowl much better than the alien style. :beer:

Sharp looking boat, .......and trailer.

waterqtr

i bought a used jack plate and holeshot plate and modified it for my boat. had it all powdercoated and used all new hardware..i also used 4 soccer balls inside the plate to add flotation to the back ..it all works great

Awesome looking boat, great job... How did the holeshot plate & flotation help. Is it a noticiable difference?

bassracr

The plate made a quite a bit of difference . Pops up on plane much quicker and with less throttle . Don't have to gas it coming off plane to keep water from rolling over the back . The flotation helps keeps waves from rolling over the back when fishing. Sits a couple inches higher at rest. I'm very happy with the benefits you get with this setup . Should have done it a long time ago .

waterqtr

Sounds good, where did you get the plate or did you make it?

bassracr

It was fabricated from aluminum . You can buy the foil from Allison . No doubt Darris spent alot of time testing, and I'm sure would be hard to improve upon the all around performance.

waterqtr

Just trying to justify the $350 price tag from Allison...

bassracr

I'm going to guess it would be one of the best bangs for your buck to reduce your 0-20 times . Mine breaks over so fast the trim cant keep up when i stomp it , which leads me to my next project .Maybe others can chime in but I would say well worth it.