1997 Bassracer XB2002

alc

Dave , my 93 requires very little trim. When it is aired out the nose runs way higher than any other 2002 that I have ran. You have to be carefull and stay prepaired for a worst case event. I lost a blade on a prop one time @ about 9000 and went for a wild ride. I think it was because the higher attitude of the nose made it hit the water harder and hook a lot worse. You will love the boat though.

alc

Someone needs to take a serious look at the blue and white 97 model Mirage 250 posted for sale. That is a nice one and set up real well . He is wanting to replace it with a drag. I think he was trying to work a deal with Tray on his drag .

Dave Hensley

Alc I don't have scientific data on this but here are a couple of observations after fooling with these things for a few years. Outside of set back, props and monkeying with the pencil roll how old the boat is and if it has been beached many times and wears the pad down. I had a 1987 that was worked on at the factory too many times to count. The pad was restored with Ad-Tech(?) and after running it for many hours the material would begin to erode. It did it in a very uniform manner and as it did the boat would lift more and more. As with any structure these boats move around over time and they take on a personality of their own. It is fun to drive different boats and get the feel for different set ups but they won't run the same with the exact same set up. It reminds me of my racing days with dirt cars. You could build them absolutely identical off the same jig, same springs, same wheel weights, same stagger etc and they would handle a bit different.

Tim Bostic

Re: 1987 Bassracer XB2002

Sounds correct on first two. I had #7 and it had wood. It was light and FAST...
I'm not too sure about this but..... my serial number says #7 on it & I bought it new, from the factory, in 1987.... It's sitting in my garage right now.... I just checked it?

I owned this boat for a few years back in the mid to late 1990