1997 Bassracer XB2002

alc

Dave, does your 94 have a horsepower recomadation tag by the hot foot,or the yellow tag about designed for racing and driven by experenced drivers ? Nancy told me back in 95 when I was checking on mine that very few were build w/ live welds

ally2dextreme

If I am not mistaken the very first 2002 had a steel transom. Johnny Garner, who did all of the metal fab for Darris, had built a prototype and they put it in the first boat. The next few had wood an then they went steel inserts from then on. Except for the BR's and they were aluminum.
Corect,there were about 10 with wood the first two had steel #13 started back with steel which is my boat.

ally2dextreme

Sounds correct on first two. I had #7 and it had wood. It was light and FAST...
I almost bought #9,it was wood and went soft .I feel like my boat runs pretty good and ive heard the wise tails that the first ones were lighter so i figured i was a little lighter than most but Darris tells me that the first boats were actually on the heavy side saying mine is in the 800-850 range.Of coarse the lightest 2002 he has built was the Jacob boat and it was 675 i should have bought it when he offered it to me lol.

Dave Hensley

I was running a boat at Louisville Point Park one day and Darris came in with a SS 2000 he was testing with a 150. We talked about the Jaco boat and he said it was stupid light. He also offered up that the boat would have been faster had he laid it up a little heavier. Seems he believed it was moving around a bit due to some flexing that gave the driver some bad feel. That was before carbon fiber lay up so who knows what would be possible now with a stiff 600 pound XB2002 and a 300 DRAG.

ally2dextreme

I was running a boat at Louisville Point Park one day and Darris came in with a SS 2000 he was testing with a 150. We talked about the Jaco boat and he said it was stupid light. He also offered up that the boat would have been faster had he laid it up a little heavier. Seems he believed it was moving around a bit due to some flexing that gave the driver some bad feel. That was before carbon fiber lay up so who knows what would be possible now with a stiff 600 pound XB2002 and a 300 DRAG.
Maybe will see,you still have your driving shoes

alc

This is a 93 bass racer that weighs 650#. It has a factory scoop built into the tall faring,and the bottom on each side comes all the way to the back like a 2001 instead of being notched like a normal 2002. W/a 15"drag, fully riged w/ 1 cranking batt.,10 gal of fuel,4 trolling mtr. cables run from back to trolling motor location,no trolling mtr. and a 200# driver, weighed on the dsra scales a few years ago it weighed 1460#. It was purchaced by Key Puckett for a customer. It is kinda odd that the only thing on the build sheet @ Allison is that it has an alum. transom. Nancy said @ that time some experementing was going on with it and a xr2002.

Attachments

DragAlly02

Are you from Texas ? And is your new boat red and black? If so I seen it at the Allison plant sweet ride for sure!!!
They won't make them any way you want them now. The new one marketed as Fast Bass weighs around 750# with the vynal floor and deck instead of carpet. I bought one about 5 months ago no cleats, grab rails or anything extra to add any weight. boat with hyd. steering, 12" setback plate , 1 bucket seat old style tall faring new style small dash W/ no guages was right @750#. Has any one got one of the bass racers that had no live weld installed when new? Some of the old ones in the 80's were laid up light before Nancy and Darris became afraid of law suits from inexperanced operators. I see a lot of folks that say theirs is less than 700#, but if most of them brought them to a race and put them on thr scales they would be suprised.

Brack

Mine is jus a ol' fish'in boat around 925 or more........it's still lotz of fun with a ol' fish'in mota......

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Hensley--
Yours is a 94 yellow/white BR? That may ahve come from around here (IA). Local guy ordered one in 94 and sold it later. Has been around IA-MN-IL.

Dave Hensley

Well, it has returned to within 12 miles of it's birthplace and is being upgraded and rubbed on as we speak. Going to run it with sport console and 2-3 different power heads before flipping it later this summer while the trailer gets converted to dual axles. The boat is definitely light and I think it will respond to small cubic inches and large shots of happy gas. It should be at least 14 pounds lighter after removal of several pennies and Molson beer bottle caps...

msethsmile

Funny Guy
That boat originally had the narrow front console, somebody in MN added the wide console. The first owner ran a stock 200 xri w/ cone at 98 and switched to a 260 and got low teens. Has it been to Hawaii?

Dave Hensley

I am thinking it will end up with an updated console. All of the XBs I have owned had the small one. Be interesting to see if the wider one requires extra trim due down force especially with the windshield. I know the first time I drove an XB2003 I was surprised at how much trim the boat needed at about 85 to keep the boat climbing on the pad. Hawaii?