1999 XB2003 / 2002 225X with 170 hours

fishnfireman

I have heard it's a nice place to visit but you don't want to live there...

Maybe he is talking about someone trying to sale an item for a lot more than he has in it------------and or more than it should be worth!!

SHADOW2.4

I have heard it's a nice place to visit but you don't want to live there...

I have put a TON of folks in Jail.......and you must be right, 'cause none of them acted like they wanted to be there :laughing

fishnfireman

Todd said he had $21K in it and that is what he allowed Rob on a trade so theoretically he does but he doesn't .
Ya theoretically.................I can't say I have ever seen any salesman (car or boat) give 5 grand over book for a trade...........unless he had 15 grand added on his new boat.. Most of them want to give you 5 g's less than book..and still make 5 to 10 on there new rig....then if they can find a buyer for your trade they will put that 5 + another 5 to get it back above book. Thats why some of us quit TRADING years ago....

SHADOW2.4

Deputy for 13 years banghead

I was a normal person before going into LE banghead

willie

i went down to tenn. and picked it up on wedn. from todd @c&o.

willie

$20k- after they fixed the fuel sender, and installed a new cd player. a little more than the boat booked out for, but since the condition was excellent with so many extras: nordskog gps speedo, 3 optima batteries with anodized aluminum hold downs, onboard charger, tandem trailer, bench seat, fold-downs(2) and bass seats(2), fish finder, in-dash flasher, etc... it was worth it to me, and thats all that matters i guess.

FastXD

Willie that is not bad and you are right it has about everything you would want plus some. And as long as you are happy with it then that is all that matters.

RobShaw

Congrats Willie! I almost took those Eddie marine trays ($$$) out before I traded it...theyre less than 6-7 months old. The CD player never worked which was fine by me because I dont much care for radios in boats (just a personal taste thing). Curious about the fuel sender issue?

All of the upholstery looked close to new and that outboard is strong with perfect compression. You have a very nice rig. If you ever have any questions, I can be found on the Champion board of the BBC. I'm also a long time sponsor of the BFHP but dont hang out there much anymore.

That 2003XB will not be my last Allison!

willie

the fuel gauge wasnt working, so billy @c&o pulled the sender and found the float was sticking in the aluminum cylinder- nothing major. i am having a little trouble figuring out the speedo though, it keeps reading no dat, even after momentarily flipping the under dash switch. was the gps working when u had the boat?

GotMyAlly

The fuel sender will stick if the tank sits with little or no gas in it for a while. Guess it just dries out. Mine was the same way when I got my boat, but when I filled it up the first time, it was working by the time I got to the lake.

doubletrouble

Your battery is probly down in your gps sender. I had that prob with mine.Put power to it for couple of Hrs. I put a togle switch on mine so i could power it without anything else being on to charge battery. Hope that helps. Ron.

willie

doubletrouble-
is your gps a nordskog? didnt realize there are batteries in a hard wired 12v unit? where is the battery?

doubletrouble

Yes it is a nordskog.And yes there is a bat. in the sinder which is sealed.When it sets for awhile with out power applied it discharges.You need to put a switch to 12 volts so you can charge it when it sits for an extended peroid of time. Just applying 12 volts to it will charge it in 3 or 4 Hrs.