2011 Rally

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
So what's the date and location of this shindig? I'd like to take vacation in June to come back that way and wondering when to put in at work and start looking at airline tickets. Thanks!

Brian :cool

Allyfishing

unless it's decided to change, the week of fathers day is when it was last year...and from what I understand it's been that way for a few years.

john4utvols

Who is over the rally this year, just wondering before you guys start planning vacation around something that hasn't been posted yet. Chris and Joe was over it last year, and haven't heard if they are still planing on doing it.

Allyfishing

Joe mentioned last year that he hoped to get the Rally going stronger for this year and said he had to come up with something to get the guys involved. Maybe he is working on something?? I hope so.

Joe....you out there???

john4utvols

Joe mentioned last year that he hoped to get the Rally going stronger for this year and said he had to come up with something to get the guys involved. Maybe he is working on something?? I hope so.

Joe....you out there???
Joe is a great guy and like Bryan said I'm sure there will be one I just hate to see you guys start planning on something without the dates set, you never know what could happen.

fasteddie

"Joe is a great guy and like Bryan said I'm sure there will be one I just hate to see you guys start planning on something without the dates set, you never know what could happen."
:blah blah blah

john4utvols

"Joe is a great guy and like Bryan said I'm sure there will be one I just hate to see you guys start planning on something without the dates set, you never know what could happen."
what does that mean you dont like joe fasteddie or dont think joe not a great guy. or you just trying to start ****.

Allyfishing

john4utvols,
Would be hard to find nicer guys than Joe and Bryan as well as everyone I have had the pleasure of meeting or talking to in the short time since I have become an Allison owner. Joe went out of his way last year and would not even take any assistance for the food. Since it was my first one I had no idea what to expect or what was expected of my wife and I.

We will be there if my job allows and I should know that soon. I do realize that the dates or location are not set in stone until it is announced...only going by what Joe mentioned last year.

AS for last year, Bryan and his buddy (just forgot his name) went out of their way to help me when we noticed a fuel leak in my spin on fuel filter and they drove to a marina to get me a new one. Bryan also fixed my tach problem with my volt reg.

My wife and I were greeted by Joe Burke and his daughter and then by Scott and his family from Pennsylvania when we got there and were made to feel very welcome, like we knew them forever. The same way from everyone else.

So I would hate to see it end or have any bad feelings from years past to be dredged up or whatever. I especially enjoyed seeing the Allisons and their employees again too!!! Great people!!

etnprop

Was hoping to have some specifics before posting on the subject but for now lets just say that we plan to host the Ally Rally in Knoxville on Fathers Day weekend (Thurs-Sat) just like we have for the past ten years and all the other details are ''on the table.'' I have some new ideas I'm kicking around but as always appreciate suggestions from anyone that wants to attend as to what they would like to see and do. I live on Cherokee but we have a half dozen lakes within an hour of Knoxville and I like'em all...sooo consider this your invite to join us and send me your ideas. As I firm up the details I'll get'em out as quickly as possible. Thanks

Joe Harrell
(865)673-8171
etpropeller@att.net

john4utvols

It means that it looks like your the one stirring the pot on this one!

Didn't think I was. I was just concerned about the dates due to something that happened last year and didn't want to see anyone making plans before it was set.

Allyfishing
You never heard me say they were bad guys in my post or they didn't help, I have been to almost all the rallies except for last year. Always a bunch of great guys and girls at any of these rallies. Don't see how this is getting turned around on me.............................

Last edited:

Allyfishing

Allyfishing You never heard me say they were bad guys in my post or they didn't help said:
John...sorry I didn't word it correctly. I was agreeing with you!!!!!!! :beer: :big grin

suicidealli

i talked to joe a few weeks ago!!! he said he would keep doing it as long as people wanted him to do it!!!! i just wasn't going to post for him... joe is a great guy, and we all know how much work it takes to put any event together... i enjoyed the rally i went to.. with the economy i think these events are just getting smaller and smaller.. allison, and the races!!!!! i know i have to cut back this year.

roy

john4utvols

John...sorry I didn't word it correctly. I was agreeing with you!!!!!!! :beer: :big grin
Sorry I might have took it wrong we will drink a beer together and make up for it :at the bar....I should make the Allison rally not unless plans for my Tunica Golf trip change or if I have a conference during the rally dates. I have always wished the rally dates were before fathers day, that's why we have always went down on Monday in the years past and left on Sat night or Sunday morning to try to get back and see our dads.

suicidealli

yep i agree fathers day weekend is hard. my dad is 83, and has gone down hill. might be his last fathers day..i could run down for a couple of days tho. it isnt that far for me.

roy

Allyfishing

The beers are on me, John!! :at the bar I would never make trouble for anyone on here.

Anyway, the wife and I are planning on it as long as I can arrange an alternative work thing that weekend. I realize fathers day weekend may be difficult for some.

Sorry to hear about your father Roy. 83 is getting up there. I know how ya feel. My mom is going on 85 and is in great health but one never know. So we make a fuss for the moms on Mothers day.

:big grin

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks guys. Silverbullet02 will be coming in from Washington State and we will bring my XB2003 that I just got in October. We needed to get the vacation requests in early or it might not be possible to get the time off. We are looking forward to a great time.