2014 xr-2002

jas638

Banned
I just spoke to darris. With his permission i am writing this thread. We spoke about the reality of the reproduction of the xr2002 in all composite .no wood!!!! Anywhere!!!! . He said that it would take three to make it cost effective and four to make the price better. They have the time now,they have pulled out the molds and are looking to bring it back better than ever. Built just like a grandsport no wood!!!! There have been some guys on here (i am one myself) who have been kicking this around. I left my info with darris.if anyone on this forum is interested call darris give him your info. The time is now, now they have the time to build these. They will soon focus on the new 24ft gs. Darris seemed eager to want to do this.i think i am gonna go for a bare hull and do all the rigging myself. Thats gotta save a little on price. We did not discuss price. I know it wont be cheap,but i dont want to discuss price until hopefully we enough orders. Well, thats it.i know i been throwing this around, but talking to darris and finding out how they will be made has me convinced. Anyone been thinking bout this call him the time has come !the time is now!

Last edited by a moderator:

AMERICAN

Re: 2013 xr-2002

Hi John
Sounds like a great idea,count me in ....Mike

jas638

Banned

made a phone call today to darris to discuss prices. here is a bit of info .

base model xr-2002: 20,000$ wood core ,all white,full interior,steering,jackplate
options:composite construction ,aluminum transom 1500$
gel coat:full colors 1000$,stripes 600$

gas tank ,bilge pump,shifter,guages,lights,cleats $?
trailers $? (i didn't discuss trailer price cause i dont need one)
did i forget anything?

jas638

Banned

So 21500 all composite and no trailer?
thats what we discussed. but that was priced with 4 boats ordered. he said that if it was only three boats purchased the price would increase 1000$.

fnshrmaster

thats what we discussed. but that was priced with 4 boats ordered. he said that if it was only three boats purchased the price would increase 1000$.
John, does this mean you would sell the Grand Sport if you can make this happen, or have two bad azz boats? Kurt

fnshrmaster

The wheels are always rolling up in Michigan I see...:laughing
Ah, you know me Chris. No I'm happy with the one I got from Dave. One thing is for sure, the Grand sport is one of the easiest hulls to sell.

If I do get another Allison, it would be a 2002 or a SS 2000. :big grin. Kurt

jas638

Banned

John, does this mean you would sell the Grand Sport if you can make this happen, or have two bad azz boats? Kurt
thats a tough one!! i really dont have the room for two. considering that most of my time in the GrandSport is just going fast ,i most likely would sell the boat rigged less power. I would rather have a center steer xr-02 to do that with and with four seats i can still get the wife kids to the beach :)

patches

My last one was a bare 510 and I never felt like it was a real thin boat. I know with newer materials they could shave that down some

I like em with a 12"

Last edited:

coronia mike

Really Interesting! Hopefully There Will Be Even More Info @ The Allison Rally In June. I'm In The Process Of Re-Doing A Neer Perfect XR02' At This Time, And There Is Nothing Cheep About It! The 20+K IS Expencive But, For A New Boat...Mite Be Worth It. Just My $.02

K.Kiser

It really falls back to the basics of buying quality items... If you've got the spare dough to spread around, it's worth it... If you have to modify your daily life and daily needs to buy it, it's not worth it... Guys with the legitimate money and guys whom are numb to debt have cool stuff..

I would place an order tomorrow if I made a certain amount more salary than I do, and won't knock anyone for doing so because I would absolutely love to have the experience of ripping in a brand new xr02... As for my income, I'll be OK just settling for older decent boats...

fnshrmaster

It really falls back to the basics of buying quality items... If you've got the spare dough to spread around, it's worth it... If you have to modify your daily life and daily needs to buy it, it's not worth it... Guys with the legitimate money and guys whom are numb to debt have cool stuff..

I would place an order tomorrow if I made a certain amount more salary than I do, and won't knock anyone for doing so because I would absolutely love to have the experience of ripping in a brand new xr02... As for my income, I'll be OK just settling for older decent boats...
Me too. Lots of good used ones out there. Not numb to debt, although having four boys will make anyone numb.:banghead