300xs on a Grand Sport Darris said NO!

badbait

Yes, I was referring to the 200XS. I have liked that motor since the first time I drove a boat with one of them on the back.

props4u2

Pretty scary looking coming around that left hand turn leaning to the right! Looked like a big tunnel hull. Never seen an Allison do that before.

Lee

Yellowallison

LEE........

he was drivin and eatin a cheesburger like some folks I know on the startin line....... :LMAO:

I'll call yu today.....

Yellowallison

I aint sure how fast (HD from Fastbass) was running in these videos ... I jus stole'm from HD's post on FASTBASS! :punch to KID AROUND some!

Since BADBAIT is runing 100 with a 250XS..and since my Young ran the same speed when I switched from a 300PM to a 250XS...I say 100 should be possible with a ole 300PM and 105+ with a 300x/300XS..... :relax:

whipper

Old thread great topic.:big grin Some running the 250XS since the 300XS is the same lbs im surprized no one went 300 instead of 250? Some guys are saving wieght on the 300XS now with cowls etc.. Wonder what you can get a 300XS to come in at today with all the lighter stuff available. Also in a 15inch. Are there many 15 inchers in the 250 or 300XS done yet and can ya have the Ratcheting gearcase with any type of convertion yet? I see lots being done with the Etchs in 16 latlely. Also Yamaha 200-300 with 15 inchers.

xb03fs

I have seen a custom 3 liter on a pretty petty blue Allison drag.....it is VERY fast

DragAlly02

Thats only way I would ever is a 15 inch taylor marine with a 2.5 Gear Case

The new motor with warranty I was not williing to try it :sad

Mike

badbait

patches, do you have a name of anybody that has done a 300XS on a 2.5/15" mid, or any 15"mid for that matter?

whipper

patches, do you have a name of anybody that has done a 300XS on a 2.5/15" mid, or any 15"mid for that matter?

Owner of fish and Ski in FL. {Marty I think was his name} Made a 300XS 15inch mid with a 2.5 SM. He used a 280SS mid to the 300XS. The splines for the shaft were machined to fit the 3.2LT up top I believe is what he said. If you send him a 20inch shaft he can make the convertion on the splines to a 15inch 3.2 upper keeping the lowers the same for the 2.5 SM. The Taylor mid should work also. Theres some cutting for wingplates and some fabriction but he said it works realy well? This with some Dave Bush upgrades and a carbon fiber 300xs cowl from Mike Nass and your 300XS or 250xs will come in at 450ish ratcheting gears and lower center of gravity 7000 rpm. Wohla. Tourque monster on an Allison.:big grin Fund me Ill do it.:big grin

Bill I cant find his number anymore? Fish N Ski Pepscola FL. JR or one of the guys out east must know who I mean. He will tell ya everything he did. Pretty interesting. He was one of the first guys to do it I believe. There are more now im pretty sure some guys just did it with Taylors mid. HD. But you can get the 2.5 adaptor for the GC that runs the 3l upper on the S shaft now also. Thats the key.

badbait

Thanks Whip, I am very happy with the way my Allison runs just the way it is but I have a Cougar 21 that I may change over to a 300XS when the current 280 needs a rebuild since I use it for some real long runs on the Delta. I keep hearing that someone is has done this but when I check into it closer I find that it was done on a 300X or 300 Pro Max. Those mids are different. The way the water is handled on the 300XS is different. The only guy that I know of that has done it and made it work well spent a hole lot of money on machine work and it was a one off thing. So I keep asking this question since I know it's just a matter of time until someone comes out with the hole kit to do it. I will try to get in touch with the people you mentioned. Thanks for the lead.

whipper

Yes Bill I know I found the same. Yes He did mention what he did for cooling to me also because of the differances. ill try and find his number. I have it on S&F somewear. I looked for an hour before I posted but couldnt find it. He was talking about doing these convertions for people as a kit.

Shoot just found it Bill. His name is Mario at Fish and Race!!! http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=9709&highlight=inch+300xs Hears his number also. He used a taylor mid with 280SS yoke. A little info right after I taked to him on the link. But there was way to much for me to remember. He told me how he did everything!! Wish I taped it or at least wrote it down! I knew it was fish and somthing. ask for Mario http://www.fishandrace.com/home.htm

Last edited: