A little xb-2002 eye candy

jaclayto

This posting is a little late but I thought I would share with you guys my latest aquisition.

This is my fifth Allison since 1984 and my second xb-2002. This boat is a 2013 xb-2002 FasBass specked out and rigged by myself and Hot Prop. Actually Hot Prop rigged it I just wore a path between Reynolds Racing and Marine and Ace hardware and I hold a mean flashlight. This was one of two xb-2002's made this year and if my info is right only one of five made since late 2007

We installed a 2004 Stock 280 20"mid on it and it handles like a dream and runs to 100mph so effortlessly its a little ridiculous.

Hot Prop did a great job on this boat and he says that this is his masterpiece and his last rigging job. Enjoy

Attachments

jaclayto

Westy,

I don't know what the hull weight is. I just wanted an easy 100mph and thats exactly what I got.

The funny thing is I wasn't trying to build a fast rig because I had an SS comp with a tuned up 260 that was crazy fast and this one is even faster. I had never owned a 280 before and love it on the water but it is so strong it makes getting the boat on the trailer a little exciting sometimes.

I figure if I can keep it on the trailer and out of the truck bed it was a good day.

patches

Very nice. The other one was the solid blue one that Scott Alleman had built. Allison is in the middle of building 4 XR2001's right now

patches

Ballpark.... 26000-29000 depending on options, trailer being the big one. If you get one of the trailers that have the walkaround steps it runs the price up

jaclayto

SSV1761982

Love the new console it is definetly a little less windy than the old style but at 6'6" tall I still wear that Allison hair do after running it.

Back in the old days you saw every kind of instrument lay out imaginable in the drivers console. One thing I really liked about rigging the console on this new one is I went to Darris and Todd and told them how I wanted my basic instrument holes cut (Speedo, Tach, Oil and water pressure, and fuel gauge with enough room left over for a Stainless Marine Trim indicator ) and layed it out with masking tape but they already had a template made that was exactly what I wanted and the lay out came out perfectly.

jaclayto

Buy the way guys If you want to see some real 2002 eye candy you need to shame Dave Hensely into posting some pictures of his latest steal. For a 2008 His will absolutley knock your eyes out.

Dave Hensley

Buy the way guys If you want to see some real 2002 eye candy you need to shame Dave Hensely into posting some pictures of his latest steal. For a 2008 His will absolutley knock your eyes out.
All in good time......I have not seen Mr. Clayton's boat in person, yet, but that color combo is as clean as it gets.

Darth VMAX

This posting is a little late but I thought I would share with you guys my latest aquisition.

This is my fifth Allison since 1984 and my second xb-2002. This boat is a 2013 xb-2002 FasBass specked out and rigged by myself and Hot Prop. Actually Hot Prop rigged it I just wore a path between Reynolds Racing and Marine and Ace hardware and I hold a mean flashlight. This was one of two xb-2002's made this year and if my info is right only one of five made since late 2007

We installed a 2004 Stock 280 20"mid on it and it handles like a dream and runs to 100mph so effortlessly its a little ridiculous.

Hot Prop did a great job on this boat and he says that this is his masterpiece and his last rigging job. Enjoy
Incredible doesn't hope to describe that boat! Congrats, you have a very special rig

SmallJaw

Fantastic looking boat. I've never been for a ride in the 2002 but I sure want to pretty soon. I know I have the heaviest of the A-boats with my BassPort, and it's not too shabby compared to the other boats I've owned. I'd probably go nuts over a boat that runs like a Corvette. Congrat's on a super ride!:smile

FFWD

If Dave doesn't post up a pic soon I will :)