accident on watts bar

rmills280

don't have any details yet but a ranger flipped killing one and injuring another this afternoon. they are friends of my neighbors and havnt talked to them yet. twra was at their house for a couple hrs then I saw it on the news.

catfish123

Very sorry to hear this. Prayers sent for all involved.

rmills280

the guy with the ranger lives down the street from me, theres a pic of it on wtvc news Chattanooga. happened in a cove and not wearing jackets.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Official: Ohio man dies in Tenn. boating accident
April 10, 2014 20:18 EDT

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) -- Officials say an Ohio man has died in a boating accident on a Tennessee lake.
According to WTVC-TV (http://bit.ly/1jx819b), Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency spokesman Dan Hicks says 70-year-old Thomas Brombaugh from Brookville, Ohio, was killed when the Ranger bass boat he was riding in flipped on Watts Bar Lake on Thursday.
Hicks said another man, 67-year-old Gerald Jean from Spring City, was injured and taken to a hospital.
Hicks says both men were not wearing life jackets. The wildlife resources agency is investigating the accident.
The lake is about 70 miles north of Chattanooga

Last edited:

Flyman

So sad, remember to pray for the families and for goodnes sake, especially for Allison
owners who often push the limits, WEAR YOUR LIFE VEST with kill switch lanyard attached!!!

whipper

Wow thats terrible. Prayers set to the families involved. As flyman said, Its a new season and this is a reminder of what can happen so play safe.

RedAllison

Just goes to show that you DONT have to be running 80, 90, 100+ to need a jacket & kill switch! It only works if you wear it.

Terrible, :very sad

njj502

Bummer.... Be safe my friends. Also, leave the cooler of beer at home. More drunks killing kids anymore.... Sad