Alabama rig !!!

Buckmaster

What's the deal with these things any body fished it I'm trying to buy one and there back ordered I hear it's the best thing since sliced bread

Bob Ant

If you get to see the Last Tournament on Guntersville (FLW) you'll see what all the fuss is about. It just aired in Chattanooga. Paul Elias caught 103 pounds in 4 days. On the last day of the tourny all 10 finalist were using it.

It is an umbrellas rig with 5 arms. It is illegal in TENN. - CAn onlyuse 3 in Tenn.

Go to FLW.com and you'll see it in action.

Bob A.

Buckmaster

They say there like pitching a softball all day. that's the only thing I don't think im goin to like. I hate a heavy bait .BUT if it works I'll learn to use it

Allyfishing

Just got mine in the mail last week. Ordered it from the original site. I've read where Mann's bait company is supposed to start production of them to take up the slack.

Now I'll have to wait til spring to try it out. Sure wish I had this thing when I was in Hartwell this past September. That would have been a sure fire test since there were schooling spotted bass everywhere and really hard to catch.

Allyfishing

I had my DVR set to record the FLW tourny where Paul Elias clobbered the entire field of anglers. By the end of the Tourny all 10 finalists were throwing the rig and clobbered them as well.

I just went back on the official site and they are now shown as being packaged by Mann's.

GotMyAlly

I know it's kinda the wrong time of year, but I'm interested to see what kind of experiences some of you guys have with these rigs........from all the hoopla on the internet, it sounds like they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Dark Allison

It's never the wrong time of the year. I've got buddies catching fish on them now. One of them had a 4lb and a 4.9 oz largemouth on the same rig. I like the crappie version of them better. They are a limit catcher use them with small swim baits then throw the larger bass version.

Last edited:

suicidealli

Ok guys I know you have been using these rigs.. Show me what kinds of baits your using, and explain how you are fishing them... I fished one a few times durung the summer with no hits....

Roy

GotMyAlly

I didn't do much with it in the summer. It was hot last fall, but I wasn't fishing much then (didn't have a boat). When I got back on the water this spring, it was productive pre-spawn, too. Once the fish moved out on the humps/ledges, I had better luck with the traditional worms and cranks. I've been fishing mine with a Jak's 3.25" swimbait on 4 arms and a 5" on the center arm. They're hand poured and I think they have more wiggle than the money minnows. On that center arm, I also use a j-will head with a willow-leaf blade on it for a little added flash. I'm looking forward to throwing it some this fall.