All quiet on the Western Front

R

Redding XB21

Hey, where are you guys? It's almost May:argue. Shasta is still pretty low, come on rain!

badbait

Well Gene, I've been home sick with a cold and flu like symtoms the last few days. Before this week I have been busy getting a boat ready for this years rally. I think I may be bringing something different. It's not fast, but I think it's a great boat for what I like to do. It's called a It's called a 21' Super Boat. I had a 225 PM on it and sold the powerhead. The boat ran 65 with the 225 and I'm hoping to pickup 12 to 15 mph with a 280 on it. So I guess I'll be running in your class and hope to be able to give you guys a run. I sold my STV to Kevin from Reno. Hopefully he will be bringing it to next years rally.

Last edited:

whipper

Gene hows was the trip to Alaska? Did you take many Pictures? Sure was nice meeting you guys.
Im heading to South Seattle Dec 4,5,6 for my sons Lacross. We finaly ordered Passports last month I hope they get hear soo.:gasp

Is the Rally at Shasta again this year? Hope things can work out for me this year to make it.

badbait

John the Super Boat is old school and will never run with the Allison's on the top end. They have a very narrow pad(4 to 5' wide) which won't allow them to get up and just ride on that primary pad. But this allows them to run smoother in the rougher stuff. Plus they are made in New York and have been a very popular boat for one of the ocean racing classes so there layed up to take that kind of pounding. The 300 would probably be a good choice if you can get the setup figured out. A friend of mine had one with a 300 on it and I didn't like the way it handled. Some setup changes might of fixed that.
The main reason for going with the 280 is I have 2 extra 280 powerheads with little or no time on them. I'm putting on the one that I ran on my white SS2000 Comp. It's very stout for a lake motor. But I can't see it going much over 80.

I think Kevin might bring the STV if he can get off He is getting it sorted out. He's changed the fuel system, the reeds plus fixed some other gremlins that have cropped up. If he comes and it's running good he will give Lou and Kevin K. one heck of a good race.

GFinch

R rrrrrr :furious ":"

Yea, I'm here. Where else would I go and be treated so nicely?

Bill those are really nice big water boats from what I've read and heard. I'm sure you'll get it sorted out. Got any pictures yet?

GFinch

R rircrhrirerd :furious ":"

Yea, I'm here. Where else would I go and be treated so nicely?

Bill those are really nice big water boats from what I've read and heard. I'm sure you'll get it sorted out. Got any pictures yet?

badbait

I have owned this boat for quite a while and sold the powerhead off it three years ago. Just getting around to getting it repowered. It's a cherry 1991 21' Superboat. Bigger water is where they shine. I'm hopeing I can stay with the 21s in 1000', but I won't be able to hang with them on the top end unless the water gets real ruff.

R

Redding XB21

Bill, it sounds like a good boat for Clearlake, that can get brutal. I don't think we've decided yet where it is going to be. Shasta was really nice all at one spot, but ya never know about the water level.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Redding XB21

Bill, it sounds like a good boat for Clearlake, that can get brutal. I don't think we've decided yet where it is going to be. Shasta was really nice all at one spot, but ya never know about the water level.

Just for you Gary

GFinch

Hey Bill, you going to have a Bimini top on that boat so you can take me for a ride like at Clear Lake? This time I'll try not to get sick afterwards. LOL.

Gene with all that beer you drink you could top off Shasta. Hug's and Kisses.

This year I'll do my best to bring something/anything that will run the whole time at the rally. Even if I have the bring the Coleman Crawdad with the 3.0 on it.

James, Gene doesn't remember that far back.
Oh! You've got Mail!

whipper

I would think Gene would have the wieght advantage in his hull. To be fare he would have to run with at least another half sized person on board. Or run with a full tank.:beer:

J

John Richied

Gene’s boat is ALWAYS loaded down… he uses cases of beer for ballast. :razz

Looks like these hulls are 1000 to 1200 lbs...

The Superboat looks like a runner in the big water… according to their site. www.Superboatonline.com

There is a guy on the Superboat link Bill sent me from the California area…

Notice in the post below Lake Shasta and the Delta.

Owner: Steven Andrade, Danville CA
"Here's an offshore hull that can take a pounding at any speed and also provides a great ski wake. Andrade's 1991 Superboat draws power from a 2.5 Merc EFI, with a 14 1/2 x 22 Mercury Chopper prop and custom jack lift plate. The boat is equipped with all stainless hardware, braided lines, In-Control throttle and steering, stainless water drainage tubes and custom-made ski tow bar. Andrade says the boat zips along at 80 mph and serves as a great ski boat for the family and a primo hot rod for himself. Check it out on Lake Don Pedro, the Delta and Lake Shasta."

- HOT BOAT MAGAZINE, June 1997

Last edited by a moderator:

GFinch

I would think Gene would have the wieght advantage in his hull. To be fare he would have to run with at least another half sized person on board. Or run with a full tank.:beer:

Naaa, Just another Half Wit! He's always tanked when I call him.:wink

badbait

Who's job is it to organize and do some needed planning like reservations. Gene are you stepping up to the plate again.

badbait

Yes, I do have have a Bimini on it Gary and if your with me I won't sign up for two hours of towing. Or I can bring you back in first have a few beers and go get them the next day.

John the bare hull feels like all of 1200 lbs plus rigging. The bottom is close to a standard deep-V.
The pad just isn't big enough to ride on so the speeds of an Allison just won't be there. The top picture is there new more euro looking hull and mine is the bottom picture in white with red and black trim.

Last edited: