All quiet on the Western Front

R

Redding XB21

Naaa, Just another Half Wit! He's always tanked when I call him.:wink
When do you call me? You don't like me, I don't think you ever did. I'm the one that has to check on you. My feelings are really hurt :sad I make sure I haven't had any beer when I call 'cause you make so little sense:laughing. To be sure, I do need balast on my side of the boat, I've moved one battery and plan to move the other one, just haven't had the energy to rerout the TM wires so it is a tidy job.
You need to hang on to your "Huggies" for when/if you ever get that new engine!

Love ya, Gene

J

John Richied

Good morning Gene and what the heck are you doing up at 4:00 AM!!!

I guess you

R

Redding XB21

The clocks are changed, but mine's not. I see you are up also. Major project here at the house, can't sleep. WAR planning*****it's your turn:big grin. Instead of just showing up, bringing great chow, working on your no-run, dishing out challenges and basicly :blah blah blah, why don't you plan it? I'll help.

R

Redding XB21

Better yet, How about Lars? With all the time he has off between shifts he could do it!:big grin We'll have to reload LOTS of stuff into his boat, after he empties it this year

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Redding XB21

Mox Nix to me. If the Delta, Tower park or someplace else. TP has cabins w/ac and RV sites,but bad ramp. The other one has no RV and cabins w/no ac. Maybe somewhere else that we haven't tried or worn out our welcome!
Shasta has that place we used before and Motel 6 (good thing) :very happyin town for you. We all need a break from you once in awhile.
Clearlake Don't know if they will let us back again:laughing.
We'll just have a good time again

GFinch

Bill how is the weather at Almanor during the Rally dates. I think I remember there are motels and camps around there.

badbait

Well, Almanor will have enough water and could be a great choice if the weather cooperates. There are cabins. There older, kind of like what we had at the Delta at B&W. There are RV spots. I don't think we would get away with any side by side racing but I don't think they would stop us from a 1000' timed holeshot testing event. The town of Chester is 6 miles away for gas. They do have gas on the water but it's very expensive. We would probably need to plan on lunches and dinners being prepared by us, like we did at Shasta. Last year they just completed a new public 4 lane launch ramp. There is also a camp ground where Gene and his Bass Club stay when they have tournaments up there. This lake is at 4300' and it gets chilly in the mornings and evening. The weather in May can be real iffy but if you guys want to go there I will help Gene put it on.

Last edited:

GFinch

What do you mean by "chilly"? If it's in the 30's and James attends, he'll be in shorts and flip flops.
We were up there in the 80s, that would be 1980s, I think it was a couple of weeks before the kid's were out for summer and the Small Mouth were ON! Probably just after spawn.

Last edited:

badbait

Gary, since this is a mountain lake weather can be in the low 30s in the mornings at that time of year. It can also be real nice as it has been many times that time of year. I've kept a 5th wheel up there from May through Oct. for the last 10 years so I've seen it good and also cold and rainy that time of year. If it looks real bad I guess we could switch gears and go to the Afterbay at the last minute. Mountain lakes are always unpredictable as to what the weather is going to be.

badbait

Lou or anybody that know how, why don't you put up a list of all the lakes and water ways possible within reason and lets take a vote. I don't know how to do that or I would. I do know that we should get going before the end of the year or some of the places will get booked up. Or we won't be able to get rooms choice rooms close together.

J

John Richied

Off of another thread Gary put this list and idea together.

Lets see:

Almanor
Berryessa
Clear Lake
Delta
Don Pedro
Havazoo
Shasta
Trinity

Add to list, then after a while vote for three, then two, then one. That way everyone has a choice of choices.

badbait

To make it a true representation of what the previous attendees want I think you should half to of attended 1 or 2 previous rallies for you vote to count. I don't want to pull all the way down to Havazoo and find out that the guy's that voted for that sight don't even showup. Or take Havazoo off the list. Just my thoughts.

GFinch

Almanor 4,300'
Berryessa
Clear Lake
Delta -6'
Don Pedro
Shasta
Trinity

Add to list, then after a while vote for three, then two, then one. That way everyone has a choice of choices

Last edited: