All quiet on the Western Front

J

John Richied

Last edited by GFinch; 11-01-2009 at 05:57 PM. Reason: cuz, I'm kissing up to Bill so he will help me setup my boat.

Clear Lake
Delta -6'
Shasta

Add to list, then after a while vote for three, then two, then one. That way everyone has a choice of choices

Okay we are down to three choices…. Are you ready to vote? :LMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Delta....(where is the smiley for YAWN..been there done that many WARs time and again)

Clear Lake...ok but we get blown out every afternoon and pinkie's boat refuses to run there....

Shasta....ok but dependent on good rainfall this season...

If anybody wants to go to Havasu, I am going maybe the week before the WAR to run the GSE with the new 200XS. For once I'd like to cruise around with friends and not being concerned with who is faster than who. I've heard it said it's a zoo over there, maybe not so much in the pre-season. It's a really big place and a lot of new areas to explore. I just like the idea of something completely different and new to the group.

XSive

Delta....(where is the smiley for YAWN..been there done that many WARs time and again)

Clear Lake...ok but we get blown out every afternoon and pinkie's boat refuses to run there....

Shasta....ok but dependent on good rainfall this season...

If anybody wants to go to Havasu, I am going maybe the week before the WAR to run the GSE with the new 200XS. For once I'd like to cruise around with friends and not being concerned with who is faster than who. I've heard it said it's a zoo over there, maybe not so much in the pre-season. It's a really big place and a lot of new areas to explore. I just like the idea of something completely different and new to the group.
What happened to the 225SS????

GFinch

Corprate downsizing I'll bet!

Hey Lou, is it that you want to test it at Havazoo or some thing else. Just wondering.
That place is infested with the Q and Z mussles. Clean and Dry when you stop at the Ca. inspection station!

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
I haven't run a 225SS since 2003....on an xb2003....sold it to Joe Harrell and have been running 2.5 280s 260s and drags ever since.

???

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Cathey has expressed interest in going to Havasu....first time she's wanted to go to a WAR since the first one in 2002. So I'll probably be making the trip there this spring. I like having my wife involved with boating but she just hasn't had any interest in some of the other locations.

Gary you have probably been to havasu testing with bush (no pun intended) a lot. I can see where the place would be a nut house on weekends & holidays. But we stopped there in June and the place was all but deserted, as far as boats go. I was impressed by the island house inn, $69 a night, plenty of parking near site 6 marina, and the warm, crystal clear water.

R

Redding XB21

Had a busy day yesterday, working 'round the house.
I like the idea of somewhere new and Almanor is really a nice lake. Just prop down. 6#smallies right on:gone fishing. To be sure, chilly in the morning and weather wise ya never know. We had snow this last june and real heavy fog. The fishing is worth it. There is a PG&E area right there that has cabins, Keith knows about them. I found out from the sherrif up there that it is 300' between boats and shore if going fast:embarassed. He caught up to me when we started fishing. Don't know how long he was b e h i n d me, real nice guys tho. I was running the 28 slow out of the hole, but pulled top end pretty good.
When I was a Clearlake earlier last year, super flat for 3 days straight so you never know.

Last edited by a moderator:

fastglass1

Wow! I leave for a wekend watching some really fast rides and get back to 6 pages of messages.

For one, I can't wait for the rally. I have had some much fun at them. My choices would be

The Delta - great place to get out for a long run
Clear Lake - Largemouth fishing at its best
Shasta - It is hard to drive by to get to the others.

Almanor - 4300 feet, I don't think I have a prop that small but willing to try

cj707

Hey Lou. I've been to Havasu a bunch. Including this year. It's not a Zoo until after Memorial Day. In fact when I was there in April...It was empty! If people think theyre gonna end up in a girls gone wild episode that week, they're dreamin' It does get ferociously windy in the afternoon. But it does everywhere in May.