allison 24

whipper

I was talking to them a few weeks ago and asked about the 24. Darris is working on her every day.
He isn,t happy with the bottom so hes makeing modifacations. She will still be a Year or two out? She has to be like the rest of the fleet. Perfict in every way and capable of setting a new standard.
That must take time.

patches

while i applaud his efforts to build the 24 and am completely aware of his reasoning. how many feel like me and just have no desire to own a 24ft boat. don't get me wrong, i'm not knocking the boat at all or you guys that want one but i would think it would lose a little bit of that small sports car feel and be more like a fast cadillac. wondering how ya'll feel. just my two cents

champ198

I spoke with Darris back in January at the Nashville Convention Center boat show. He mentioned the work he's doing on the 24 ft boat. He was torn between aesthetics and the functionality/aerodynamics/hydrodynamics of the hull design. He said if he made it sleek for an appealing look then it takes away from the functionality. There's a balance that he's looking for. He also stated that if he perfected the hull design, it could open up the hull to be put under a bass boat top cap as well as other top cap designs. It's going to be neat to see what he unveils later on.

GotMyAlly

while i applaud his efforts to build the 24 and am completely aware of his reasoning. how many feel like me and just have no desire to own a 24ft boat. don't get me wrong, i'm not knocking the boat at all or you guys that want one but i would think it would lose a little bit of that small sports car feel and be more like a fast cadillac. wondering how ya'll feel. just my two cents
I'd like to keep a 20 footer too, but I can definitely see the benefit of the additional space in a 24' boat. Think of all the 'kinis you could pack in that thing!

Plus, an extra 4' would make for an unbelieveably smooth ride in rough water.

RedAllison

Personally I think he'd SET THE WATER ON FIRE (as well as Nancy's cash register) if he'd put a flats boat topcap on the 24' hull. That's STILL the only massive growth market segment in boating for the last 5 years. I think he would really shake up the market with such an offering.

I wouldn't want to take it too Fork or anyother flooded forest, but a 24' bassboat would be "THE LIVING ROOM of bassboats" for those who fish open water. With the way the XB21s ride I simply can't fathom what an XB24 would ride like. Dangerous conditions for most bassboaters would then be a good running chop for that behemoth!!! :gone fishing

Only bad thing is with dual SI H-birds, a 300XS and all the other goodies I'd assume the thing would be close too if not $90k-$100k!!! :gasp

:beer:
RA

GotMyAlly

Personally I think he'd SET THE WATER ON FIRE (as well as Nancy's cash register) if he'd put a flats boat topcap on the 24' hull. That's STILL the only massive growth market segment in boating for the last 5 years. I think he would really shake up the market with such an offering.

I wouldn't want to take it too Fork or anyother flooded forest, but a 24' bassboat would be "THE LIVING ROOM of bassboats" for those who fish open water. With the way the XB21s ride I simply can't fathom what an XB24 would ride like. Dangerous conditions for most bassboaters would then be a good running chop for that behemoth!!! :gone fishing

Only bad thing is with dual SI H-birds, a 300XS and all the other goodies I'd assume the thing would be close too if not $90k-$100k!!! :gasp

:beer:
RA

What would you call such a bassboat......2+2+2?

propmanjay

I have a hard time getting my wife to ride in my SS. I treat her right and go slow but for some reason it scares her. I would love to have both.

whipper

WHEN the 24 is unveild to the public Im sure she will be a sight to behold. If he has already got 89 with a 225PM 27 trophy on her and the bottom isnt near done yet god only knows what the possabilities are. I mean Darris!:big grin Im looking for a 100mph 24ft GSE with enough room in the bow to sleep two comfortably in a Vee Birth. Nothing fancy just enough head room to crawl in and out and lie down. I want a Boat that when the wake boarders are running makeing the lake stupid with there waves run smoother cruiseing away from them. A boat that I can go out in a 3ft chop with 5 people and cruise at 60 or 80 with out anyone being conserned. A boat that can handle a 300XS add a ski bar to ski behind.That boat is a 24 Grand Sport Elite. Every one is buying 22-24ft wake boats like crazzy!! The big lakes are getting rougher because of this. I love my GSE and how she handels every thing I described. But I sure do want a bigger Allison for this now. Im waiting for the 24 GSE to buy. In Yellow and white of course.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
RA is right. A topnotch Flats Boat that out performs and rides everything out there would sell like hotcakes. There is a huge market for flatsboats. I know a guy with a Maverick who thinks there isnt a better built boat period salt or fresh. They are nice boats but, I think a a XF 24 Allison would knock these saltwater boys socks off!

XF (the F stands for Flats)

K.Kiser

WHEN the 24 is unveild to the public Im sure she will be a sight to behold. If he has already got 89 with a 225PM 27 trophy on her and the bottom isnt near done yet god only knows what the possabilities are. I mean Darris!:big grin Im looking for a 100mph 24ft GSE with enough room in the bow to sleep two comfortably in a Vee Birth. Nothing fancy just enough head room to crawl in and out and lie down. I want a Boat that when the wake boarders are running makeing the lake stupid with there waves run smoother cruiseing away from them. A boat that I can go out in a 3ft chop with 5 people and cruise at 60 or 80 with out anyone being conserned. A boat that can handle a 300XS add a ski bar to ski behind.That boat is a 24 Grand Sport Elite. Every one is buying 22-24ft wake boats like crazzy!! The big lakes are getting rougher because of this. I love my GSE and how she handels every thing I described. But I sure do want a bigger Allison for this now. Im waiting for the 24 GSE to buy. In Yellow and white of course.

I said many years ago that a vessel footage limit needs to be put on all lakes in regard to the lake size and openness of it's area... Dang rollers from the punkazz ski boats and big cruisers will go several, several hundred yads across an open lake... Get a few of those boats in a big cove and it become a useless wave pool... I can spot the goofy tattooes, see their blingy truck wheels, and smell their hair gel a 1/2 mile away...

whipper

I said many years ago that a vessel footage limit needs to be put on all lakes in regard to the lake size and openness of it's area... Dang rollers from the punkazz ski boats and big cruisers will go several, several hundred yads across an open lake... Get a few of those boats in a big cove and it become a useless wave pool... I can spot the goofy tattooes, see their blingy truck wheels, and smell their hair gel a 1/2 mile away...
You know what Im talking about!!:beer: They used to be conserned about the errotion of the shore lines from to big of wakes? It doesnt seem to matter in the least any more. It used to be disrespectfull to have a big wake!!! You would get a ticket in some areas around marinas for not controling your wake. Now its out of control! Blatters WTF!! Thats my main reason for a bigger smoother Allison. If it were still just ski boats i wouldnt wory about it.

XB21er

You know what Im talking about!! They used to be conserned about the errotion of the shore lines from to big of wakes? It doesnt seem to matter in the least any more. It used to be disrespectfull to have a big wake!!! You would get a ticket in some areas around marinas for not controling your wake. Now its out of control! Blatters WTF!!
+1 I thought a boater is supposed to be responsible for his wake - how does an entire segment of the boat building industry (wakeboard boats) get away with a boat that is DESIGNED to make a big wake?:confused:

whipper

+1 I thought a boater is supposed to be responsible for his wake - how does an entire segment of the boat building industry (wakeboard boats) get away with a boat that is DESIGNED to make a big wake?:confused:
I know! When they first started makeing blatters for these fuel Hog Barges I thought it was only a matter of time before they got banned from most lakes. I was down at the dealer in town yesterday looking at the new line up for 09!!! Worse than ever before!!:gasp They boast how heavy they are and brage that this one will make the biggest wake in the industry!!:cuss!!! All the new boats have 9ft beems quadrillion pound water blatters that turn your boat into a tug for getting air while wake boarding. What about every one else on the lake? What about the shore line? What about the fish spanning grounds on the shore? I think if a wake boat is cought cruiseing with there bladder full they should be charged. Half the time when there finished the guys dont even drain the thing and cruise back to the marina this way at max wake thinking its cool to throw a wake? I think the green peacers and patrol should be monitoring these type of craft. Thery dont belong on a lot of lakes you find them. No more than a tug boat! Thats why the urgant need for a 24ft Allison.

Darth VMAX

300 Hp just seems small on a 24 ft boat. What about twins? LOL ;-)

HT nees to hurry up and get 400 hp out of their Yammies!

RobShaw-BasSport

The comments of Allison making a flats boat and setting the market on fire doesn't make a lot of sense to me...they already make the best bass boat on the planet in the new XB21s and dealers are having a hard time selling them.

I honestly dont think Allison is concerned with setting the market on fire given the issues with the hp plates, the costs, the lack of prostaff and tournament incentives, etc. I feel that they are comfortable with their current market share and I also beleive we ALL benefit by that in the attention to detail that goes into these minimally produced masterpieces!

Just an opinion.

Yellowallison

I also would love to see a Allison Flats/Bay boat myself.....since I own a Flats/Bay that is equal in quality/value to a Allison because we have all the coastal waters here in Florida... But my Young doesn't run like an Allison :sad even though its a great performing boat among other Flats/Bay boats.

I've been asking/telling Darris for the last 3-4-5 yrs to make a Flats/Bay boat....because I think he could sell'm in places like here in Florida.

Darris says he still has the drawings on his desk & flats boat web pages saved on his puter that we looked at couple years ago as a maybe one day project.

:gone fishing

Last edited:

HO

Would be fun to hook one in the marsh running 90. Not so sure the Allison design fits the mold for flats boats.

I want to sit as low as I can in an Allison...don't you?