allison 24

John S

Would be fun to hook one in the marsh running 90. Not so sure the Allison design fits the mold for flats boats.

I want to sit as low as I can in an Allison...don't you?

I took a buddy out that goes to FLA a lot, and mainly fishes in flats batoes. He was amazed at how my 02 basser with a Johnson foil took off so flat. In my g'rage, he was throwin the tape measure around...figgered the boat was prime for a center counsel with two back seats, maybe extend the back deck. I dont have a clue how one would handle with such a setup, but arent most flats rigs set up with small power? I would think an 02 would be prime for this area. But Im a yank, so none of this matters.lol

2nd thought...Why doesnt allison make a open bow? The voyager is the most versatile boat ever made...an open bow GS would be unreal cool.

RedAllison

But Im a yank, so none of this matters.lol

2nd thought...Why doesnt allison make a open bow? The voyager is the most versatile boat ever made...an open bow GS would be unreal cool.
THATS right, shut up and go shovel some snow!!! :LMAO:

Darris actually contemplated a bow rider GS, in fact there are some drawings of it floatin around somewhere. But I think the whole weight carrying and liability factor scared him. You KNOW some drunk dumbass would try to do 85-90 with a couple of kids or women up front and then when the weight dropped the bow, the boat spun and someone got hurt the lawyers would be calling. :banghead

:beer:
RA

whipper

THATS right, shut up and go shovel some snow!!! :LMAO:

Darris actually contemplated a bow rider GS, in fact there are some drawings of it floatin around somewhere. But I think the whole weight carrying and liability factor scared him. You KNOW some drunk dumbass would try to do 85-90 with a couple of kids or women up front and then when the weight dropped the bow, the boat spun and someone got hurt the lawyers would be calling. :banghead

:beer:
RA
I'm sure the first molds going to be a GS. For me thats good. I'm sure also if theres a demand for fishing boats of this type that will be next. The GS will fill the gap between the Progression,Checkmates and the Grand Sport,and SS. Not as heavy as the Progression but faster. A more sporty type that handles bigger waves better than the GS but not as well as the off shore progression but very capable. Thats how I see it. Big lakes with bigger waves will be more comfortable and safer to run with more room with the family. But still that Allison performance. Thats what I'm hoping for.