allison fuel tank gauges

michael j giesler

I have a good question on my 1999 ally ss comp I have a 24 gal fuel tank the gauge took a crap so I took the one out of my 2001 grandsport that has a 30 gal tank the sending units were the same so i put it in my ss quess what after about 3 times out it broke again i talk to Jeff Houghteling he gave up after 2 broke why do they last in a grandsport but not a ss

suicidealli

i dont know, but mine is broke in my ss too......... it says a have a 1/4 tank when it is on full..lol i lift the cowl and look in anymore....... does anyone make a beter one????????

roy

propmanjay

Who sells the tube type? Mine has never worked on my SS sence I bought the boat. I have been ripping the Delta on some long runs and it would be nice to know where I'm at on fuel.

GotMyAlly

Stay away from the Gaffrig one. I've had nothing but problems from that one ever since I installed it. I've never been able to calibrate it correctly.

michael j giesler

that's what I'm talking about in my grandsport it lasted 9 years but my ss three times out that's b.s Jeff Houghteling said he gave up that how many he broke my question is why do they break in a ss but not a grandsport

Mr. Scary

Never had a problem with any of mine in the SS. Like all Allison gauges, they read about 1/4 tank off (it'll read empty when there's 1/4 tank of gas actually left in the tank), but that's how they all seem to be.

froggy

I installed the Livorsi, "tube type" sender in my 2003. Just called Livorsi and gave them the depth of the tank and they cut the tube spot on and set the low level adjustment. I had to pull the old sender, install the new sender, attach the two wires, fill the tank and set the high level adjustment to indicate full. This thing is spot on, doesn't wiggle the needle on the gas gauge and just works perfect. Livorsi was so prompt I had the sender in four days from the day I called them. I see they've gone up about $20.00 from when I got mine but they are worth it. No moving parts so really nothing to break.

froggy

Wicky

I have a good question on my 1999 ally ss comp I have a 24 gal fuel tank the gauge took a crap so I took the one out of my 2001 grandsport that has a 30 gal tank the sending units were the same so i put it in my ss quess what after about 3 times out it broke again i talk to Jeff Houghteling he gave up after 2 broke why do they last in a grandsport but not a ss
The gauge in my GS is pull the middle seat down and take a look at the fuel level!!