Allison Rally 2013 Watts Bar Itinerary.......

Allyfishing

......will be posted here as soon as I nail down some important end of the week details. I decided to start this post now, for several reasons, even though I do not have the actual itinerary complete and ready to post.

For those coming later in the week who have not been to last years rally should know that the "Factory Day" will be on Thursday from approx 9AM to noon followed by a cruise on Watts Bar to several marinas/restaurants and the Poker Run will be on Friday starting tentatively at 11AM ending up at the Terrace View for our end of week dinner where the prizes are awarded to the poker run winner and some extra door prize give-aways.

So if you are traveling from a far distance on Friday you will need to be here before the run starts. OR I will have a list of contact names and numbers and the locations of the stops for the Poker Run to contact if need be.

Most owners show up on Wednesday and that's pretty much when we really get rolling. My wife and I will be there on Sunday the 16th along with Joe Harrel and a few others and of course our local cruise director "Skewby"!!

Oh, and I have Kevin Bennet, owner of Lithium Pro's, to stop on by Wednesday evening around 6PM to show his lithium batteries and have a question and answer discussion.

So this is why I started this post now to give the new rally owners a "heads up" on whats planned if they are coming in later in the week.

To be continued..................

Last edited:

skewby

main thing that must be included on itinerary is that all must have fun and like to burn a lil gas and oil :shock:

B HEBERT

I have my room boodked from Sunday to Sunday. If things don't really get started until Wednesday, I'm thinking of changing to Monday to Monday. Will the rally bo over Saturday or is there plans for Sunday?

Allyfishing

B Hebert, I guess I was a bit misleading in my explanation. We have riding and possible prop testing early in the week, a shrimp boil for dinner Monday nite by Skewby, hanging out meeting new people, swimming at the sand bars and visiting the many marina/restaurants for brews and munchies, so yes the rally is to start on Sunday and end on the following Sunday.

The final Sunday is the "drive home" day for most including myself. I've got a 12+ hour drive so we leave in the morning. Most people go back to work on Monday so a few will leave on Saturday and the remainder on Sunday.

There are always the locals that are obviously still around.

We do have a big run planned for Saturday that will be approx. 100+ miles round trip with a lock thru to Fort Loudon. The plan is to eat at a Calhoun's after the lock thru and then head on back to Watts Bar. There will be a "gas dock" en-route for those needing 93 octane mid trip.

Don't know if that answered your question or not.

B HEBERT

That answered my question. Didnj't want to drive up Sunday if there was nothing to do.

Allyfishing

That answered my question. Didnj't want to drive up Sunday if there was nothing to do.
We try to get there mid afternoon on Sunday. I believe there are a few others pulling in on Sunday as well. Then there's the local residents Skewby and Roger who live right there. If you get there in time on Sunday you could always drop the boat in the water and familiarize yourself with the water and I'm sure Roger and Skewby (if they have not had too much to drink by then) will join you.

I have to drive up to the Allisons on Monday to pick up the BBQ she donates and say howdy and all and then get back down to the Bar because by then I will be chomping at the bit to get on the water.

so when you say "nothing to do" to me that does not apply if my boat is in the water and the motor running!!!!!! If you like running your boat then there is always something to do and there will be a few of us doing just that!!!!!

B HEBERT

I'll be there Sunday, but probably late. GOOGLE MAPS says it is a 10 hour trip. Add lunch and pit stops and it's gonna tale 12 or 13.

2003225X

We are coming down with Craig and his wife so we will be there on Sunday as well.

skewby

let me know when ya'll start showing up and i'll let you know where on the river we are at. every one just hope and pray for the same weather we had last year during the rally and not what we have had so far this spring

Allyfishing

Here we go, finally.......
these are in .jpg format so all ya got to do is right click on the image and save to your desktop and print it out. Except Skewby who's a Mac-head!!! LOL!!

I will have copies of this itinerary at the Terrace View and over at lakeside. What's most important about this itinerary are the names and phone numbers so you can contact someone upon your arrival.

the times and locations are a guideline and not set in stone.

You'll notice we have Kevin Bennet from Lithium Pro's batteries coming over on Wednesday evening to talk about his batteries. I am still trying to get Danny Roberts from Stealth chargers to stop by as well.

Last edited:

skewby

will have $1 drafts at the pour house dock bar at euchies, still working on on a food special with the main restaurant there. picked up another sponsor from a local friend that owns a mini storage business... bumming season is on